Info Sessions for CPAC Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training Program in March
Working as an electrician in construction is a well-paid career and the demand is high for electrician apprentices and journeypersons in the labour market. CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, runs a Pre-Apprenticeship Program for immigrants and youth from immigrant families. This program will prepare participants to become ready for employment and apprenticeship in the trade.
• Primary trade: Level 1 Electrician: Construction and Maintenance,309A
• Secondary trade: Fundamentals in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Trade specific communication and math courses
• Health & safety and job readiness training
• Eight-week work placement
• Apprenticeship registration support
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident status
• Canadian high-school diploma or a diploma/degree from a Canadian or international college/university (credential assessment is required or international education)
• CLB Level 5 for applicants with international credentials
• Commitment of 24 weeks of full-time training and work placement
Program Start Date: April 3, 2023
To apply for the program, please complete the application form and send it, along with your resume and copy of your diploma/degree or assessment report of overseas credentials to Jason Yi at Jason.Yi@cpac-canada.ca.
To learn more about the program, please register and attend an upcoming online information session.
- Session #1: Wednesday, March 1 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Click here to register!
- Session #2: Saturday, March 4 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Click here to register!
- Session #3: Wednesday, March 8 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Click here to register!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for 2023 CPAC Pre-Apprenticeship Program