Learning & Training Officer, Prosper Canada
LEARNING & TRAINING OFFICER
4-month contract position (part-time)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunity for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
As Canada’s leading champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Prosper Canada does not deliver services directly to people living on low incomes. Instead, we work with public, private and community sector partners to ensure quality financial empowerment (FE) supports (including effective policy and regulation) are available to all Canadians with low-incomes across the country.
At Prosper Canada, we value being collaborative, human-centered, and forward-thinking. We recognize, accept, and celebrate our differences. We see power in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe we can help everyone thrive by being our boldest true selves. Diversity is at the core of what we do and who we support to build financial health. Our financial empowerment efforts focus on equity-seeking groups including those living on low incomes, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities.
We strive to create a culture where all feel valued, respected, and a true sense of belonging. We seek and value diverse perspectives that represent the lived experience, needs and challenges of equity-seeking groups. Join us in supporting and empowering everyone in Canada to prosper.
Prosper Canada is seeking a dynamic and motivated Officer to join our Learning and Training team on a part-time contract basis for four months.
The successful candidate will support the setup and delivery of training for community service providers, help develop learning and training content for diverse projects, and help develop and execute learning and training processes.
You will report to the Manager, Learning and Training and work collaboratively with other teams across the organization, including our Program Delivery and Integration, Marketing and Communications, and Research and Evaluation teams.
This is a fixed rate contract for 3 days of work per week for approximately 4 months at a daily rate of $250 plus applicable HST. It is possible the contract may be extended by mutual agreement.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and curate financial empowerment content and tools
- Work with key partners and the Prosper Canada team to develop and maintain learning and training content (course content, handouts, and other resources)
- Research, curate, and write learning content on topics such as, but not limited to: tax filing and benefits, budgeting, saving, investing, consumer protection, and population-specific topics
- Apply instructional design principles to resource development processes.
Facilitate delivery of financial empowerment training
- Work with key partners and the Prosper Canada team to help develop and deliver financial empowerment training across multiple formats (online courses, workshops, and webinars)
- Update existing course content and add new content using Thinkific LMS and Articulate Rise 360
- Help coordinate and deliver financial empowerment capacity building events.
Support development of Learning and Training processes and policies
- Support the development and implementation of Learning and Training processes (including project management, performance measurement, analysis) to improve efficiencies within the team and across the organization.
- Oversee maintenance of resource catalogue on our online Learning Hub, using our WordPress content management system, and recommend future enhancements
- Help develop and coordinate learning development and knowledge sharing opportunities for Prosper Canada staff as needed
- Help compile reporting content for Board and funders
- Work with contractors/suppliers as required (e.g., graphic designers, translators, consultants)
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
If you don’t meet all our requirements (below,) but believe your skill set and experience is applicable or transferable, we would love to hear from you!
Apply if you meet most of these requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience developing and writing adult education content
- 1-3 years of instructional design experience, including needs assessment, design, development, and evaluation
- 2+ years of experience managing and facilitating online courses and/or in-person training workshops
- Education or training in a related field. We’re open to hearing how your education helps set you up to work with us!
- Sensitive to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living with low incomes, including but not limited to newcomers, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities in Canada
- An adaptive and entrepreneurial spirit, willing to try new things and comfortable working independently
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to multi-task and manage a range of projects concurrently
- Experience working with online learning management systems, course authoring software, and content management systems
- Proficient with MS Office 365 suite of applications
- Proficient with Articulate 360 or similar content authoring software
- Proficient with Webex, GoToWebinar, and other virtual conferencing software
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Online training facilitation/delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills suitable for audiences that frequently have literacy and English/French language barriers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team and build relationships with staff across teams internally and with external project partners
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to gather and synthesize content from multiple perspectives and information sources
- Fluent in French and English.
Prosper Canada also values/welcomes:
- Applicants from racialized groups including, black, Indigenous, and people of colour
- Applicants of all gender expressions and sexual orientations, including queer, trans, and two-spirit people
- Your personal experience of living on a low income, being a newcomer, or living with a disability and the insights and perspectives this would bring to your work
- Your understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and under-represented communities
- Experience working in financial empowerment, and/or subject matter expertise in any of the following content areas: basic financial literacy, social assistance, benefits and entitlements, budgeting and saving, investor education, and consumer protection
- Training and/or experience writing and adapting materials for audiences such as: people living on low-incomes, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, and newcomers.
We encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups to self-identify in their cover letters and are committed to accommodations for all candidates and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Application deadline: May 23, 2022
Start date: July 4, 2022
Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto
Currently, our staff are working from home but we anticipate that we will partially re-open our office on a voluntary basis shortly and that staff will be able to work up to 2 days per week in the office if they wish, with appropriate health and safety measures in place.
How to apply: Please email the following documents to email@example.com with subject line “Application for Learning & Training Officer.”
- Cover Letter
- Two written work samples (links are fine)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews with candidates will be conducted virtually. If you require any accommodations to have a successful interview, please let us know.