Prosper Canada: Senior Officer – Research & Evaluation(Full-time or Part-time Available)
SENIOR OFFICER – RESEARCH & EVALUATION (FULL-TIME OR PART- TIME AVAILABLE)
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunity for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
As Canada’s leading champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business, and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Prosper Canada does not deliver services directly to people living on low incomes. Instead, we work with public, private and community sector partners to ensure quality financial empowerment (FE) supports (including effective policy and regulation) are available to all people living on a low income across Canada.
At Prosper Canada, we value being collaborative, human-centred, and forward-thinking. We recognize, accept, and celebrate our differences. We see power in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe we can help everyone thrive by being our boldest true selves. Diversity is at the core of what we do and who we support to build financial health. Our financial empowerment efforts focus on equity-seeking groups including those living on low incomes, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities.
We strive to create a culture where all feel valued, respected, and a true sense of belonging. We are looking to bring diverse perspectives that represent the lived experience, needs and challenges of equity-seeking groups. Join us in supporting and empowering everyone in Canada to prosper.
Prosper Canada is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our Research & Evaluation department, as a Senior Officer. As a critical member of the Research and Evaluation team, the Senior Officer will lead research, analytic and writing support for research and evaluation initiatives related to one of our three different pathways of work:
- Technology-Enabled Financial Empowerment: Our current focus is developing and launching an online tool and related training to help people quickly identify income benefits they may be eligible for and how to apply for
- Financial Empowerment Champions: Collaborating with 14 leading community financial empowerment organizations to improve, innovate and sustainably scale community financial help
- Prosperity Gateways: Supporting provincial, municipal, and other human service providers to build financial help into existing services with large-scale reach into vulnerable and low-income populations.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Research & Evaluation and work collaboratively with other teams across the organization, including our Program Delivery and Integration, Marketing and Communications, and Information Systems teams.
We have a few positions we are looking to fill on this team, two of them will be full-time and one will be part-time at 3 days a week.
The salary range is $65,000 to $70,000 for a full-time position The salary range is $39,000 to 42,000 for 3 days / week
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of a learning framework for one of our pathways
- Develop and lead evaluation activities for one of our pathways
- Serve as an expert resource to our external partners and our internal teams
- Lead all data collection and analysis, ensuring adherence to security procedures (such as personal privacy and data protection policies)
- Lead the development of evaluation components of funding proposals related to your pathway
- Develop KPIs and feedback mechanisms for pathway projects
- Synthesize data and insights and develop compelling knowledge products tailored to targeted audiences (facilitate insights meetings, slide decks, )
- Lead knowledge mobilization initiatives such as webinars and conference presentations to share insights broadly
- Manage relationships with community stakeholders involved in evaluation efforts to ensure our knowledge products accurately capture their insights
- Contribute to development of funders and stakeholder reports
- Support other projects as needed
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
If you don’t meet all our requirements (below) but believe your skill set and experience is applicable or transferable we would love to hear from you!
Apply if you meet most of these requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience conducting research and evaluation, preferably in the social sector
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work with stakeholders from diverse sectors (public, private, non-profit) and cultures – e.g.: by facilitating consultations and decision- making
- Strong quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis skills (i.e. ability to use Excel, Dedoose, and/or other qualitative data analysis programs)
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection
- Proven project management ability, including use of relevant project planning, management and budgeting tools
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and presentation and facilitation experience strongly preferred – e.g. experience facilitating focus groups and insight sessions
- Education or training in a related field. We’re open to hearing how your background helps set you up to work with us!
- Sensitive to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living with low incomes, including but not limited to newcomers, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, people living with disabilities, people of all gender expression and sexual / romantic orientations, and those experiencing intersectionality
- An adaptive and entrepreneurial spirit, willing to try new things and comfortable working independently
- Fluent in French and English (e.g. you are able to develop reports and facilitate a focus group in both languages)
Prosper Canada also values/welcomes:
- Experience working in financial empowerment
- Applicants from racialized groups, including, black, Indigenous, and people of colour
- Applicants of all gender expressions and sexual / romantic orientations, including queer, trans, non-binary, and people who identify as two-spirit
- Applicants experiencing intersectionality
- Your personal experience of living on a low income, being a newcomer, or living with a disability and the insights and perspectives this would bring to your work
- Your understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and under-represented communities
We encourage candidates to tell us about themselves in their cover letters and highlight how their lived experiences help them understand the needs and challenges faced by equity-seeking groups. We are committed to making accommodations for all candidates and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Start date: Winter 2022
Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto ON
Currently, our staff are working from home until health protocols allow for a safe return to the office with appropriate health and safety measures. We value in-person connection but expect many staff will want to blend in-office and remote work going forward. We look forward to discussing hybrid options with potential candidates.
Travelling: Ability to travel in Canada (5% of your time)
How to apply: Please email the following documents to email@example.com
with subject line “Application for Senior Officer, R&E.” Please indicate if you are applying for full-time or part-time.
- Cover letter
- 1-2 examples of past work. This could be in the form of an evaluation framework or knowledge product work you’ve produced (briefing note, slide deck, article, etc.). We’re curious to learn what you’ve done (that you’re proud of), and how you communicate about it. If your prior experience did not include preparing public materials, only internal materials you cannot share for reasons of confidentiality, please let us
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews with candidates will be conducted virtually. If you require any accommodations to have a successful interview, please let us know.