Senior Officer & Digital Project Lead, Program Delivery & Integration department, Prosper Canada
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunity for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
As Canada’s leading national champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business, and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Prosper Canada does not deliver services directly to people living on low incomes. Instead, we work with public, private and community sector partners to ensure quality financial empowerment (FE) supports (including effective policy and regulation) are available to all people living on a low income across Canada.
At Prosper Canada, we value being collaborative, human-centred, and forward-thinking. We recognize, accept, and celebrate our differences. We see power in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe we can help everyone thrive by being our boldest true selves. Diversity is at the core of what we do and who we support to build financial health. Our financial empowerment efforts focus on equity-seeking groups including those living on low incomes, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities.
We strive to create a culture where all feel valued, respected, and a true sense of belonging. We are looking to bring diverse perspectives that represent the lived experience, needs and challenges of equity-seeking groups. Join us in supporting and empowering everyone in Canada to prosper.
Prosper Canada is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual with a passion for working collaboratively to solve complex social challenges to join to our Program Delivery & Integration department.
Our team works to uncover financial help needs, identify technology-enabled supports and solutions, develop concepts, and collaborate with stakeholders and our development team to build and launch new technology tools that help build the financial health of people living on
low incomes. The tools we develop may be consumer facing or designed for use by community service providers who work with low-income and other vulnerable individuals.
Solutions we have developed include a pandemic Financial Relief Navigator and My Money in Canada. We are currently working on developing a technology-enabled Access to Benefits Service for People Living with Disabilities and a national online Benefit Wayfinder to be launched in January.
To this exciting role you will bring strong experience in digital design, service design or digital project management to a team that works with government, business, philanthropic and community partners and Canadians living on low incomes directly to design and build technology tools that enable financial education, counselling and coaching, as well as support tax filing and access to benefits, and consumer protection. Our team has expertise in qualitative research, human-centred design, digital product design and development, and project management.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-70,000.
Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP, employer RRSP contribution, 15 paid vacation days in first year of employment a December break (usually a week) to recharge, and professional development opportunities.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead specific aspects of digital product development projects, including:
Research: Engaging Canadians with low incomes, community service providers, and other collaborators to define financial help needs and potential technology solutions
Design: Contributing to design concepts and specifications that address user and stakeholder needs, in collaboration with end users, stakeholders, and external designers where needed
Development: Supporting financial empowerment content and product development, user testing, and product iteration, in close collaboration with our internal technology development (Information Systems) team
Launch: Supporting our Marketing and Communications and Learning and Training teams in planning and implementing product launches and ongoing promotion and training activities
- Manage relationships with internal and external project partners and collaborators, including technology providers, internal development teams, community service providers, and researchers throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with stakeholders to develop trust, learn from them, and apply their insights in solution design and development.
- Analyse research data and synthesize insights to inform development of digital product prototype concepts (sketches, storyboards, wireframes, slide decks, etc.) and enhancements to existing products.
- Help prepare reports to project funders and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage project budgets and timelines.
- Support other digital development projects as needed within the organization.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
If you don’t meet all the requirements (below), but believe your skill set and experience is applicable or transferable, we would love to hear from you!
Apply if you meet most of these requirements:
- 2+ years of work experience in digital design, digital project management, service design, or related areas
- 5+ years of work experience supporting or leading the management of projects that include collaboration with diverse internal teams and external stakeholders and partners
- Education or training in a related field. You might have a design degree, or related degrees in business, engineering, social science, etc. We’re open to hearing how your education helps set you up to work with us!
- Sensitive to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living on low incomes, including but not limited to, newcomers, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, people living with disabilities, people of all gender expressions and sexual / romantic orientations, and those experiencing intersectionality
- Interest and experience in developing online tools, particularly for use by people living on low incomes and/or other vulnerable groups
- An adaptive and entrepreneurial spirit, willing to try new things and comfortable working independently
- Fluent in French and English (i.e., you can respond to emails and present content in both languages)
Prosper Canada also values/welcomes:
- Experience working in financial empowerment or some knowledge of financial topics, particularly those relevant to people living on low or incomes, would be considered an asset.
- Applicants from racialized groups, including black, Indigenous and people of colour
- Applicants of all gender expressions and sexual / romantic orientations, including queer, trans, non-binary and people who identify as two-spirit
- Applicants experiencing intersectionality
- Your personal experience of living on a low income, being a newcomer, or living with a disability and the insights and perspectives this would bring to your work
- Your understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and under-represented communities.
We encourage candidates to tell us about themselves in their cover letters and highlight how their lived experiences help them understand the needs and challenges faced by equity-seeking groups. We are committed to making accommodations for all candidates and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Start date: Winter 2022
Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto
Currently, our staff are working from home until health protocols allow for a safe return to the office with appropriate health and safety measures. We value in-person connection but expect many staff will want to blend in-office and remote work going forward. We look forward to discussing hybrid options with potential candidates.
Travelling: Ability to travel in Canada (5-10% of your time)
How to apply: Please email the following three documents to Prosper Canada,
email@example.com, subject line “Application for Senior Officer, Technology-Enabled Financial Empowerment.”
- Cover letter
- 2-3 examples of past projects or digital products that you have worked on, including an overview of how you contributed to their success.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews with candidates will be conducted virtually. If you require any accommodations to have a successful interview, please let us know.