Senior Officer – Learning & Training
Senior Officer – Learning & Training
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunities for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
As Canada’s leading national champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business, and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Prosper Canada does not deliver services directly to people living on low incomes. Instead, we work with public, private and community sector partners to ensure quality financial empowerment (FE) supports (including effective policy and regulation) are available to all people living on a low income across Canada.
At Prosper Canada, we value being collaborative, human-centred, and forward-thinking. We recognize, accept, and celebrate our differences. We see the power in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe we can help everyone thrive by being our boldest true selves. Diversity is at the core of what we do and who we support to build financial health. Our financial empowerment efforts focus on equity-seeking groups including those living on low incomes, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities.
We strive to create a culture where all feel valued, respected, and a true sense of belonging. We are looking to bring diverse perspectives that represent the lived experience, needs and challenges of equity-seeking groups. Join us in supporting and empowering everyone in Canada to prosper.
Prosper Canada is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and highly organized individual with strong written and verbal communication skills to join our Learning and Training team, as a Senior Officer. In this exciting role, you will develop learning and training content using a collaborative instructional process, supporting delivery of training to frontline practitioners, and contributing to the development and implementation of learning and training strategy, processes and policies.
This will include the development of new online training courses and learning resources oriented toward frontline staff supporting Canadians with low incomes. This work will also include the development of learning content to support our contracted projects on the topics of access to tax filing and benefits, financial coaching, financial literacy education, and other topics.
You will report to the Manager, Learning and Training and work collaboratively with many teams across the organization, including our program delivery and integration, marketing and communications, and research and evaluation teams.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to 70,000
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and curate financial empowerment content and tools
- Working collaboratively with key partners and the Prosper Canada team, develop and maintain learning and training content (curriculum, handouts, course content, resources, etc.)
- Research, curate, and write learning content in topic areas such as, but not limited to: tax filing, tax benefits and credits, financial coaching, budgeting, credit and debt, and population-specific topics
- Apply instructional design principles throughout resource development processes
Facilitate delivery of financial empowerment training
- Working collaboratively with key partners and the Prosper Canada team, support development of financial empowerment training across multiple formats (online course in LMS, live webinar delivery, hybrid model, etc)
- Support and/or lead delivery of financial empowerment capacity building events
- Using Articulate 360, maintain existing course content and update new content using Rise 360-course files
Support development of Learning and Training strategy, processes and policies
- Support the development and execution of learning and training strategies and plans that build the capacity of frontline personnel to deliver financial empowerment support to clients with low incomes
- Support the development and implementation of learning and training processes (including project management, performance measurement, analysis) to improve efficiencies within the team and across the organization
- Oversee maintenance of online catalogue of resources on our Learning Hub, using the content management system, and recommend future enhancements
- Support development and coordination of learning development and knowledge sharing opportunities for Prosper Canada staff, as needed
- Support quarterly reporting requirements
- Work with contractors/suppliers as required (e.g. graphic design, translation etc.)
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
If you don’t meet all our requirements (below) but believe your skillset and experience is applicable or transferable we would love to hear from you!
Apply if you meet most of these requirements:
- 5+ years experience developing and writing learning content for adult education purposes
- 5+ years experience with the instructional design process, including needs assessment, design, development, and evaluation.
- 2+ years experience managing and facilitating online courses and/or in-person training workshops
- Education or training in a related field. We’re open to hearing how your background helps set you up to work with us!
- Sensitive to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living with low incomes, including but not limited to newcomers, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, people living with disabilities in Canada, people of all gender expression and sexual/romantic orientations, and those experiencing intersectionality
- An adaptive and entrepreneurial spirit, willing to try new things and comfortable working independently
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to multi-task and manage a range of projects concurrently
- Experience working with online learning management systems and/or content management systems
- Training facilitation/delivery skills, for in-person workshops and/or online courses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills suitable for audiences that frequently have literacy and English/French language barriers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team and build relationships with staff across teams internally and with external project partner organizations
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to gather and synthesize content from multiple perspectives and information sources
- Fluent in French and English
Prosper Canada also values/welcomes:
- Applicants from racialized groups including, black, Indigenous, and people of colour
- Applicants of all gender expressions and sexual/romantic orientations, including queer, trans, non-binary, and people who identify as two-spirit
- Applicants experiencing intersectionality
- Your personal experience of living on a low income, being a newcomer, or living with a disability and the insights and perspectives this would bring to your work
- Your understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities
- Experience working in financial empowerment, and/or subject matter expertise in any of the following content areas: basic financial literacy, social assistance, benefits and entitlements, income tax, credit, debt, budgeting and saving
- Training and/or experience writing and adapting materials for audiences such as people living on low-incomes, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, and newcomers
- Experience working with MS Office 365 suite of applications
- Experience working with Articulate 360 or other course authoring software
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
We encourage candidates to tell us about themselves in their cover letters and highlight how their lived experiences help them understand the needs and challenges faced by equity-seeking groups. We are committed to making accommodations for all candidates and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Application deadline: July 25, 2021
Start date: Fall 2021
Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto
Currently, our staff are working from home until health protocols allow for a safe return to the office with appropriate health and safety measures. We value in-person connection but expect many staff will want to blend in-office and remote work going forward. We look forward to discussing hybrid options with potential candidates.
How to apply: Please email the following documents to email@example.com
with the subject line “Application for Learning & Training Senior Officer.”
- Cover Letter
- Two written work samples (links are fine)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews with candidates will be conducted virtually. If you require any accommodations to have a successful interview, please let us know.