SENIOR OFFICER – PROGRAM DELIVERY & INTEGRATION
SENIOR OFFICER – PROGRAM DELIVERY & INTEGRATION
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Prosper Canada is a national charity dedicated to expanding economic opportunities for Canadians living in poverty through program and policy innovation.
As Canada’s leading national champion of financial empowerment, we work with government, business, and community partners to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians.
Prosper Canada does not deliver services directly to people living on low incomes. Instead, we work with public, private and community sector partners to ensure quality financial empowerment (FE) supports (including effective policy and regulation) are available to all people living on a low income across Canada.
At Prosper Canada, we value being collaborative, human-centred, and forward-thinking. We recognize, accept, and celebrate our differences. We see the power in diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe we can help everyone thrive by being our boldest true selves. Diversity is at the core of what we do and who we support to build financial health. Our financial empowerment efforts focus on equity-seeking groups including those living on low incomes, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, and people living with disabilities.
We strive to create a culture where all feel valued, respected, and a true sense of belonging. We are looking to bring diverse perspectives that represent the lived experience, needs and challenges of equity-seeking groups. Join us in supporting and empowering everyone in Canada to prosper.
Prosper Canada is looking to add a dynamic and motivated member to our Program Delivery & Integration department. This person will have a passion for working collaboratively to solve complex social challenges.
You will bring human-centred design approaches and experience (e.g. design research, service design, design strategy, user experience design) to a team that is currently working with municipalities (e.g. Edmonton, Toronto, etc.) to embed tailored financial empowerment solutions into existing government programs.
Prosper Canada’s approach to working with governments is unique and emphasizes:
Building a solution from start to finish
Our work doesn’t end with design concepts – our job is only done once there is a fully operational FE solution embedded within the government system. You will play an active part in all stages of the process. This includes upfront exploratory research, building, testing, and refining service prototypes, crafting and facilitating co-design sessions that build stakeholder and leadership buy-in, and supporting government staff as they implement the new service.
Long-term partnership leading to sustainable integration
Prosper Canada works with governments through a phased approach. We build deep relationships across all stakeholders, with the goal of building something together that is impactful and sustainable with existing resources. You will be critical in developing and supporting these relationships and identifying ways to align our work with the government’s goals and strategy.
Maintaining a safe space to innovate, explore and share
No solution is the same and that’s what is so exciting. At Prosper Canada we value fresh, creative ideas. This may be trying out a new workshop design or creating a different way to engage customers in the co-design process. Our team includes innovators and doers who are passionate about solving challenges in new and unique ways. Your knowledge and experience will be key to charting a path through messy and ambiguous challenges.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to 70,000.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead specific aspects of:
o Research (interviews, shadowing, etc.);
o Design (workshops, etc.);
o Strategy (visioning and alignment-building); and
o Integration activities (implementation guides, change management, coaching, etc.).
- Manage relationships with government stakeholders – Front-line staff, management, and senior leaders to support and champion the design process.
- Work with community stakeholders to develop trust, learn, and embed their knowledge into solution design.
- Support the development of a network of like-minded government partners to build future partnerships.
- Synthesize information and develop compelling and visually attractive storytelling and prototype material (sketches, storyboards, wireframes, slide decks, etc.).
- Support the development of reports to funders and other stakeholders.
- Manage project budgets.
- Support other projects as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
If you don’t meet all the requirements (below) but believe your skillset and experience is applicable or transferable we would love to hear from you!
Apply if you meet most of these requirements:
- Education or training in a related field. You might have a design degree, or related degrees in business, engineering, social science, etc. We’re open to hearing how your background helps set you up to work with us!
- Sensitive to the diverse needs and challenges faced by people living with low incomes, including but not limited to newcomers, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities, people living with disabilities in Canada, people of all gender expression and sexual/romantic orientations, and those experiencing intersectionality
- 5+ years of work experience supporting or leading the management of projects that include cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant areas of human-centred design practice (e.g., design research, service design, design strategy, and/or implementation).
- Fluent in French and English (e.g. You are able to develop content and facilitate a workshop in both languages).
- You can:
o Independently take a broad challenge and build a rough plan for how you might solve it (for example: how might we understand the gaps and barriers to accessing government benefits across Canada?).
o Work collaboratively and constructively with a diverse team, especially when you hear ideas that you disagree with.
o Flexibly adapt your approaches and methods to the needs of unique situations (for example: if government guidelines prevent us from having staff and clients in the same design session).
o Take complex information and distil it into a clear, compelling, and actionable message.
o Take challenges and roadblocks and translate them into opportunities.
o Inspire other team members by sharing what you’ve learned and coaching them to use a new skill.
o Comfortably present to large rooms of stakeholders and facilitate workshops.
o Manage project budgets and suggest ways to optimize and leverage money available across project activities.
Prosper Canada also values/welcomes:
- Applicants from racialized groups, including, black, Indigenous, and people of colour
- Applicants of all gender expressions and sexual/romantic orientations, including queer, trans, non-binary, and people who identify as two-spirit
- Applicants experiencing intersectionality
- Your personal experience of living on a low income, being a newcomer, or living with a disability and the insights and perspectives this would bring to your work
- Your understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and under-represented communities.
- Your ability to build empathetic relationships with a broad range of people including diverse communities living on low incomes.
We encourage candidates to tell us about themselves in their cover letters and highlight how their lived experiences help them understand the needs and challenges faced by equity-seeking groups. We are committed to making accommodations for all candidates and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
Application deadline: July 25, 2021
Start date: Fall 2021
Job location: 60 St. Clair Avenue E., Toronto
Currently, our staff are working from home until health protocols allow for a safe return to the office with appropriate health and safety measures. We value in-person connection but expect many staff will want to blend in-office and remote work going forward. We look forward to discussing hybrid options with potential candidates.
Travelling: Ability to travel in Canada (10-20% of your time)
How to apply: Please email the following three documents to Prosper Canada,
email@example.com, subject line “Application for Senior Officer, Program Delivery & Integration.”
o Cover letter
o 2-3 examples of past work. This could be in the form of a portfolio entry, a case study, or communication work you’ve produced (slide deck, article, etc.). We’re curious to learn what you’ve done (that you’re proud of), and how you communicate about it.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews with candidates will be conducted virtually. If you require any accommodations to have a successful interview, please let us know.