YRP is now hiring:
York Regional Police is actively recruiting auxiliary constables.
What it takes to become an Auxiliary Constable:
The role of an Auxiliary Constable at York Regional Police focuses on community-based crime prevention initiatives and ground searches for lost or missing people. They also volunteer at community events such as parades, fairs and assisting in car and foot patrols.
Applicants for the volunteer position of auxiliary constable must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence class G, at minimum
- Possess valid standard or emergency first-aid and CPR Level C certification, at minimum
- Have proof of successful completion of secondary school education or equivalency
- Be physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the position
- Have no criminal record for which you have not received a pardon and be of good moral character and habits
The York Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. At York Regional Police, our actions are guided by set of values shared by every one of our members. These core values are essential to carrying out the vision and mission of our organization in a way that supports our people and our community. Our code of ethics ensures that everything we do at York Regional Police is conducted at the highest possible standard. Our community expects and deserves no less.
Our motto Deeds Speak
Employment information sessions:
Employment information sessions are open to the public and are intended for anyone interested in a police constable position at York Regional Police.
Check our website to see upcoming sessions:
Each session includes a presentation, followed by a question-and-answer period. Members of the Uniform Recruiting Unit will be on hand a half-hour before all information sessions to accept completed application packages from attendees.
Uniform Recruiting Unit
70 Bales Drive East
East Gwillimbury, ON L0G 1V0
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6720
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6722