CPAC诚聘：Communication and Event Associate
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
Reporting to the Communication and Event Coordinator, the Communication & Event Associate is a key member of the operations team in managing the organization’s communication, marketing and event planning efforts, including identifying and pursuing media, public relations and business development opportunities.
Communication & Marketing
- Develop, implement, and maintain annual media plan and budget; track and collect all media coverage; monitor all related expenses
- Research on traditional and online media; Identify and pursue media and public relations opportunities
- Develop and maintain media relations
- Develop publicity and informational materials including annual report, newsletters, briefing and background documents, speech notes, information bulletins, issue notes, etc.
- Plan and coordinate press conferences; prepare media advisories, news releases and media kits; act as liaison to the media and handle their requests
- Coordinate the design and production of marketing material, promotional mailings, printed pieces, and web communications
- Write marketing copies, maintain website and WeChat updates and prepare regular digital newsletters (in both English and Chinese)
- Manage organization’s social media presence
- Assist in membership development
- Assist in sponsorship and donor development
- Participate in planning, promotion, coordination and execution of all CPAC events
- Project manage and/or support CPAC’s scholarship promotion, selection and presentation ceremony, Summer Festival, Education Day conference and Scholarship Award Ceremony, and Annual Gala
- Prepare event budgets and programs
- Recruit event speakers, exhibitors, advertisers, donors, sponsors and participants
- Develop and execute event promotion plans/marketing campaigns
- Coordinate event management activities such as registration, reception, crowd management, logistics and evaluation
- Update and keep event policies, procedures, data and records
- Oversee the production of all event specific promotional materials (invitations, tickets, posters, program books, etc.)
• Assist other staff with marketing and communication needs
• Perform other duties assigned by management
• Fluent in both Mandarin and English, oral & written
• Excellent copy writing and Chinese typing skills
• Experience in media, communication, corporate or public relations, or advertising/marketing
• Experience in event planning/management and business development
• Highly skilled in MS Office Suite, Eventbrite, social media and internet marketing
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Non-Profit sector experience is an asset
• Desktop publishing, graphic design and website maintenance skills are assets
Please email resume and cover letter stating salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.