CPAC诚聘：Summer Student – Event Assistant
Event Assistant – Summer Student
Start Date: May 25th, 2016 (10 weeks)
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
This is a support position that requires a significant ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Event Assistant will report to Communication and Development Officer.
- Work closely with members of the Communication team to execute event plans
- Assist all areas of event management, including but not limited to:
- recruiting and liaising with event exhibitors or participants
- setting up venue
- producing event and marketing collateral
- manning the event registration desks
- coordinating volunteers
- Provide administrative support to the Communication and Development team
- Work some weekend hours
- All other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program in Business, Marketing or related field
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Good computer skills;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
- Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
- Photoshop and basic graphic designing skills preferred
- Must be out-going
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com by April 30, 2016.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.