Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training
Working as an electrician in construction is a well-paid career and the demand is high for electrician apprentices and journeypersons in the labour market. CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, runs a Pre-Apprenticeship Program for immigrants and youth from immigrant families. This program will prepare participants to become ready for employment and apprenticeship in the trade.
• Primary trade: Level 1 Electrician: Construction and Maintenance,309A
• Secondary trade: Fundamentals in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Trade specific communication and math courses
• Health & safety and job readiness training
• Eight-week work placement
• Apprenticeship registration support
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident status
• Canadian high-school diploma or a diploma/degree from a Canadian or international college/university (credential assessment is required or international education)
• CLB Level 5 for applicants with international credentials
• Commitment of 24 weeks of full-time training and work placement
Program Start Date: April 18, 2022
To apply for the program, please complete the application form and send it, along with your resume and education credentials to Jason Yi at Jason.Yi@cpac-canada.ca
For questions about the program, please email Jason Yi at Jason.email@example.com or call 416-298-7885 ext. 106
To learn more about the program, please register and attend an upcoming online information session.
"Through the CPAC program I really got the help to be exposed to the electrical work and skills in a short amount of time. I learned a lot about how to be professional and deal with workplace situations this program. The program also give me a chance to be able to get experience in electrical so I can now apply for an apprenticeship program. I'm truly honored and happy to have been here because it's a life changing experience."
"Being new to the country and not knowing where to start, CPAC made it much easier for me personally. This program was very well organized from the beginning to the end and prepared for us an amazing career path. Thank you for having such a great program where a work placement is included and we had the chance to show our skills. I would like also to mention the social part of this program which gave me a chance to meet, work, learn and have a lots of fun from this diverse group of people."
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.