CPAC Professional Achievement Award
The CPAC Professional Achievement Award (PAA) was established in 2009 to recognize and celebrate the achievements of immigrant professionals who have achieved outstanding success and prominent status in recognized professions. Past recipients included exceptional individuals such as Enhui Yang (scientist), Kelvin Tran (executive) and Chan Hon Goh (artist).
Candidates must be
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are immigrants to Canada; and
- Have achieved prominent success in their profession or in a professional field outside of their occupation (e.g., a celebrated poet whose occupation is teaching).
Nominations are encouraged from all Canadian citizens and permanent residents, across all professions and across Canada.
CPAC Young Achiever’s Award
The CPAC Young Achiever’s Award (YAA) honors an outstanding young immigrant in Canada, aged 29 or younger, to celebrate their community contributions or professional or business achievements, locally or abroad. The award recognizes the individual’s work based on its distinction and/or positive social impact.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents who immigrated to Canada; and
- Aged 29 years or younger on September 15, 2021
Eligible activities for consideration include:
- Professional or business successes
- Scientific or technological innovation
- Social entrepreneurship
- Community and social leadership and volunteerism
CPAC Diversity Award
The CPAC Diversity Award (DA) recognizes an individual, group, or organization that has made significant contributions to the advancement of human rights, racial equity, diversity, and inclusion. Contributions for consideration include efforts, initiatives, programs, or financial support that have
- Promoted awareness through educating and informing Canadians;
- Led to positive changes in an organization, a sector or the broader society;
- Advanced knowledge, understanding and theories;
- Propelled progress in public policy and legislation; or
- Enabled programs facilitating the integration and success of immigrants and Asian Canadians.
Nomination and Presentation
All award nominations received will be submitted to an Award Selection Committee composed primarily of members from outside of CPAC.
The deadline for the 2021 CPAC award nomination is September 15, 2021.
Winning candidates will be contacted in October 2021.
Due to COVID-19, this year’s awards will be presented virtually at the 2021 CPAC Annual Gala on November 27, 2021.
Past PAA Recipients
Vincent WS Chan
Luke M. W. Chan
Jing Ming Chen
Yi Yong Wang
Past YAA Recipients