CPAC Enhanced Mentorship Program
Mentorship has proved one of the most effective ways of helping immigrants starting their professional career in their field. The CPAC Enhanced Mentorship Program aims to assist young professionals in gaining knowledge of the Canadian workplace, learning job search and related soft skills, and finding professional employments through the guidance and advice of established professionals (mentors). This is an enhanced mentorship program, with the additional components of employment counselling and two weeks communication and job search training to make the participants (mentees) job ready.
• Mentoring by established professionals (12 weeks)
• Effective communication skills training
• One-on-one employment counselling
• Job search workshops
• Resume writing and interview preparation with experienced career coach
• Internship and work placement opportunities
• Networking opportunities with our employers
• Connection with professional associations
• Job seekers in the field of Engineering, IT, Accounting and Finance
• Newcomer youth and youth from immigrant families
• Age 21 to 35
• Graduated from college or university
• CLB level 7 or above
• Eligible to work in Canada
Contact Person: Lily He
Phone Number: 416)-298-7885 x103
Become a Mentor
CPAC Mentoring Program needs the support of volunteers who can contribute as mentors in the following fields:
• Health Care
• Information Technology (IT)
If you are currently working in the above fields and wish to share your experience with the newcomers, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The benefit of becoming a mentor includes:
• Satisfaction of helping someone to become better.
• Network with professionals in your field.
• Get technical inspiration from working with mentee.
• Improve communication and leadership skills.
• Add some good experience on your resume.
Your time commitment is about 6 hours per month, 4 months for a cycle, and you will be communicating with your mentee through 3 methods: phone calls, emails and face to face meetings. You don’t just make new friends, you actually can witness someone furnishes under your guidance. This is an extremely rewarding feeling. The joy and satisfaction will far exceed the effort you put in. CPAC will provide training, guidance and support for all volunteers. So, please don’t wait, come forward and help.
"It was very motivating and vitalizing to see all the high achievers and experts share their valuable views and experiences. I aspire to see myself on the other side of the fence some day when I would be sharing my experiences and motivating individual. Thank you CPAC, without your help, I wouldn’t be able to connect with my mentor and obtain a job at Coca-Cola!"
"Through the CPAC program I really got the help to be exposed to the electrical work and skills in a short amount of time. I learned a lot about how to be professional and deal with workplace situations this program. The program also give me a chance to be able to get experience in electrical so I can now apply for an apprenticeship program. I'm truly honored and happy to have been here because it's a life changing experience."