CPAC Enhanced Mentorship Program
Mentorship has proved one of the most effective ways of helping immigrants starting their professional careers in their field. The CPAC Enhanced Mentorship Program aims to assist young professionals in gaining knowledge of the Canadian workplace, learning job search and related soft skills, and finding professional employments through the guidance and advice of established professionals (mentors). This is an enhanced mentorship program, with the additional components of employment counselling and two weeks of communication and job search training to make the participants (mentees) job-ready.
• Mentoring by established professionals (12 weeks)
• Effective communication skills training
• One-on-one employment counselling
• Job search workshops
• Resume writing and interview preparation with experienced career coach
• Internship and work placement opportunities
• Networking opportunities with our employers
• Connection with professional associations
• Job seekers in the field of Engineering, IT, Accounting and Finance
• Newcomer youth and youth from immigrant families
• Age 21 to 35
• Graduated from college or university
• CLB level 7 or above
• Eligible to work in Canada
Contact Person: Lily He
Phone Number: (416)-298-7885 x103
Become a Mentor
CPAC Mentoring Program needs the support of volunteers who can contribute as mentors in the following fields:
• Health Care
• Information Technology (IT)
If you are currently working in the above fields and wish to share your experience with the newcomers, please contact: email@example.com.
The benefit of becoming a mentor includes:
• Satisfaction of helping someone to become better.
• Network with professionals in your field.
• Get technical inspiration from working with mentee.
• Improve communication and leadership skills.
• Add some good experience on your resume.
Your time commitment is about 6 hours per month, 4 months for a cycle, and you will be communicating with your mentee through 3 methods: phone calls, emails and face to face meetings. You don’t just make new friends, you actually can witness someone flourishes under your guidance. This is an extremely rewarding feeling. The joy and satisfaction will far exceed the effort you put in. CPAC will provide training, guidance and support for all volunteers. So, please don’t wait, come forward and help.
"It was very motivating and vitalizing to see all the high achievers and experts share their valuable views and experiences. I aspire to see myself on the other side of the fence someday when I would be sharing my experiences and motivating individuals. Thank you CPAC, without your help, I wouldn’t be able to connect with my mentor and obtain a job at Coca-Cola!"
Thank you so much for the CPAC Mentorship Program training. I have achieve great amount of knowledge and skills in job search that helped me to secure a job at CIBC.
Thank you for holding the CPAC Mentorship Program. My eyes have been opened, and I look forward to fully applying what I have heard from all the speakers at work.