2013 Children’s Drawing Contest – Aug 11, CPAC member Free!
The 9th annual Children’s Drawing Contest, co-organized by the Education Foundation of Chinese Professionals Association of Canada (CPAC), Chinese Canadian Times (CCTimes), Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto (CCC) will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at CCC in celebration of International Friendship Day.
International Friendship Day is celebrated across the world every August. This is a day when all races get to learn from each other. This special day is especially popular in Asia and South America. The exchange of Friendship Day gifts like flowers, cards and wrist bands is a popular tradition of this occasion.
“CPAC has been organizing drawing contests for a number of years in partnership with CCTimes. With CCC coming on board, we look forward to bringing this event to a whole new level, ” says Andi Shi, Executive Director of CPAC. The event is expected to attract close to 400 children and it’s now open to registration.
Prizes will be presented to the three top drawings in each category, including cash prizes ($200, $100, $50 for the top three finishers) and trophies. Everyparticipant will receive a lovely gift. The drawing contest is generously supported by Charming China, Ensil, EVA Airways, FedEx, Man Ling Dancing Studio, Mingpao, SouXun88.com and Telehop.
“Toronto is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world,” says Dr. Ming-Tat Cheung, Chairman and President of the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto. “We want to create an opportunity and promote among our young generation the understanding and appreciation for different cultures through art expressions.”
“This is an event for the entire family. As the children express their artistic talents, friends and families can enjoy the annual Summerfest at CCC with great food and fun.” Says Henry Chiu, General Manager of CCTimes.
Details of the event:
- Date: Sunday, August 11, 2013
- Location: Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto (5183 Sheppard Avenue East, Scarborough)
- Time: 1:00 pm: Registration / 2:00 pm: Contest Begins / 4:00 pm: Award Ceremony
- Age Groups: Beginner (6-10) / Youth (11-15)
- Theme: To be announced on site
- Prize: For each age group: First Prize: $200+ Trophy
Second Prize: $100 + Trophy
Third Prize: $50 + Trophy
10 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
Each participant will receive a souvenir include RBC Piggy Bank/Phone Card/FedEx Stuffed Panda/Toronto Zoo 25% Coupon
- Registration: $5 / person, please pay online at http://2013cdc.eventbrite.ca/ then go to http://www.chineseprofessionals.ca/ homepage to download the registration form and wavier form, please complete and sign, then return to CPAC by:
Fax to 416-298-0068
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also can register and pay at CPAC office, the address is:
4150 Finch Ave. E., Toronto ON M1S 3T9
- Registration can also be submitted to Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto
Fax : 416-292-9215
- Registration Deadline extends to 2 pm, Saturday, August 10, 2013
For further information, please check http://www.chineseprofessionals.ca/ or call 416-298-7885 ext.101.
FREE ADMISSION for CPAC members, please download and complete the forms below, sign and return to CPAC to register!