Automation Electric Engineer, Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc.
Job Title: Automation Electric Engineer
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday), permanent
Job Location: Scarborough, ON (on-site)
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
Wage Category: Annual Salary with Benefits
Report to: Maintenance and Automation Engineering Dept. Manager
Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc. has inspired the industry with its award-winning cosmetics services since 2004. We embrace research and innovation – ceaselessly bringing advanced cosmeceutical technologies and ingredients into our creation.
At Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc., we take pride in our innovation, expertise, and excellence in creating the finest cosmetic formulas and packaging solutions for our clients. We partner with the world’s top leading cosmetics companies in providing fully integrated turnkey solutions. We value and respect individuality and personal initiative where all employees can develop, grow, and achieve their career goals.
The ideal candidate for automation electric engineer will play a key role in supporting our internal clients. You will be involved in all aspects of the engineering cycle, including conceptual design, research, detailed drafting of integrated leading-edge technologies and processes, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems utilizing robotics, vision systems, PLC, HMI and motion control system, as well as BOM, installation and production supporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, commission and testing automation equipment (assembly lines, robotic cells)
- Collaborate with Cross functional team such as Sales/Operation / Quality /Maintenance & IT along with outside Supplier in automating various initial conceptual design phase of engineering projects, manufacturing process, and also building in-process quality to assure high performance Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- With engineering principles and procedures, strong knowledge and experience on machine design, PLC/HMI, control panel, component selection, protocol, electric safety, and machine aesthetics
- Organize, document, and present technical design reviews and project management overviews with minimal assistance
- Study current existed equipment statistics, provide recommendations for reaching and sustaining Sales/production goal
- Hands on electric/electronic installation, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Mechanical drive train design including the application of stepper motors, servo motors, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- Collaborate with soft engineer to develop and maintain hardware/software interfacing software for our hardware devices in C++, and build up automation connectivity software including LAN, database, and other standard interfaces and protocols
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 4 years previous experience in a custom automated equipment builder work environment
- Good working knowledge of hardware/software interfacing
- Familiarity with industry policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance
- Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and fast-changing workload
- C++ and Linux is plus
- Manufacturing experience is plus
- Strong team player and excellent people skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be capable of specifying and sourcing materials and equipment to best suit requirements
• Company events
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site gym
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
Please note: We thank you for your interest, please submit you resume on our official website www.crystalclaire.com/careers, candidates selected for interview will be contacted.