Better Education Brighter Future: 2013 CPAC Education Day
On October 19, 2013 Education Foundation of Chinese Professional Association of Canada will be hosting its 6th Annual Education Day. Building on the success of past Education Days, this year’s event promises to connect more students to educational opportunities that best suit their aptitudes and career goals. The event will be held at Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto (5183 Sheppard Ave. E) in Scarborough.
CPAC Education Day sponsored by HSBC Bank Canada is one of the largest education events held annually in the immigrant community drawing more than 2,000 students, parents, and educators. The event’s objective is to create awareness and provide information about the Canadian education system and its available services to the families of newcomers.
Education Day gives students and parents information using a range of formats. Representatives from school boards, colleges and universities will set up display booths and provide information about their programs. About thirty booths including representatives from the University of Toronto, Ryerson University, Queen’s University and York University have been confirmed. Classroom sized information sessions will be held. These smaller, more intimate sessions, cover a comprehensive topics on education and career planning. A student forum hosted by present post secondary students will take place throughout the day. This forum will provide students heading to University the chance to find out what campus life and the University experience is like.
Education day’s key note address will be given by Charles E. Pascal and his daughter Tai Pascal. They will have a father-daughter conversation about public education. Mr. Pascal is an internationally recognized educator, former Ontario deputy minister, he is also a Professor of Applied Psychology and Human Development at University of Toronto.
Details about the 6th CPAC Education Day 2013:
- Time: Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. October 19, 2013
- Venue: Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto (5183 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto ON M1B 5Z5)
- Admission: Register online at http://cpac2013eday.eventbrite.com/ to reserve the tickets ($10 lunch coupon included), or pick up complimentary tickets at participating HSBC branches and CPAC office.
Event Sponsors: The Education Foundation of CPAC thanks HSBC Bank Canada for being Education Day’s presenting sponsor for a fifth straight year. David Kuo, Head of Branch Network for Ontario at HSBC Bank Canada notes that: “HSBC is proud to support organizations like CPAC in their efforts to help students and immigrant families.”
2013 CPAC Education Day Press Conference
From left: Mr. David Kuo, Head of Branch Network – Ontario, HSBC; Mr. Andi Shi, Executive Director, CPAC; Mr. Raymond Wu, Branch Manager, HSBC
Participating HSBC BankCanadaBranches:
- Spadina Branch 222 Spadina Avenue, Chinatown Centre, downtown Toronto
- Milliken Square Branch 15 Milliken Boulevard, Scarborough
- Oriental Centre Branch Unit 102, 4438 Sheppard Avenue East, Scarborough
- Willowdale Branch 3640 Victoria Park Avenue, Willowdale
- North York Branch 5160 Yonge Street, Unit G8,Toronto
- MarkhamSouth Branch 6025 Steeles Avenue East,Toronto
- Market Village Branch 4390 Steeles Avenue East, Markham
- Mandarin Centre Branch Unit 133, 3636 Steeles Avenue East, Markham
- Liberty SquareBranch 3601 Highway 7 East,Markham
- Box Grove Branch 100 Copper Creek Drive,Markham
- Peachtree Branch Unit B5, 8390 Kennedy Road, Unionville
- Richmond Hill Branch Unit 111, 330 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill
- Bayview & Major Mackenzie Branch 1070 Major Mackenzie Drive East, Unit J, Richmond Hill
- Yonge & Clark Branch 7398 Yonge Street, Unit 37D, Vaughan
- Mississauga Chinese Centre Branch 888 Dundas Street East, B7-4, Mississauga
- Chase Square Branch Unit 18, 1675 The Chase, Mississauga
- City Centre Branch 4550 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
- Westgate Branch 3029 Argentia Road, Unit 101,Mississauga