Building Operator, Seneca College
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager/Supervisor, the incumbent provides operations and maintenance of various building equipment including fire alarm systems, building automation systems, and life safety systems. The building operator will monitor and make sure all equipment are operating in most efficient manner.
Inspection and Maintenance
- Performs daily logs, records and updates log sheets of all pertinent mechanical/electrical systems. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance according to computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Analyses and attends to break down maintenance and enter in CMMS. Determines extent of adjustments and fine tuning of equipment required, including recommending changes to procedures and schedules.
- Works with Building Automation System as required and adjusts set points and schedules.
- Utilizes BAS for troubleshooting and problem-solving equipment troubles.
- Attends to small repairs and maintenance.
- Aligns various drive and driven components. Changes filters on all equipment.
- Determines the extent of adjustments and lubrication required, including recommending changes to procedures and schedules. Maintains force flow heaters, fans, RTUs, pumps, and other equipment. Winterizes chilled water coils.
- Replaces worn or broken fan or motor belts, sheaves, couplers, keyways and shafts as necessary.
- Ensures building environmental systems operate at maximum efficiency, and building is maintained at an acceptable comfort level for all users. Troubleshoots and corrects problems with air distribution and hydronic systems.
- Performs periodic chemical testing of various hydronic systems.
- Monitors and adjusts chemical feed and boiler and condenser blow down.
- Tracks and keeps an inventory of all chemicals and their associated MSDS.
- Orders and receives testing and feed chemicals, and softener salt in a timely manner.
- Performs periodic fire pump tests, ATS/generator tests, and fire panel tests as per applicable codes.
- Ensures mechanical installations are performed in such a way that all building codes are met or exceeded.
- Monitors and checks repairs performed by contractors and report problems/ deficiencies. Keeps necessary records and logs for various inspections. Ensures that all maintained all documentation.
- Maintains spare parts and ensures that inventor logs are up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A completed certification in BES I and II or Stationary Class 4.
- HVAC tech certification would be an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in Commercial or Institutional buildings with electronic building controls.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of heating and cooling principles as applied to a typical building environment.
Note: A skills assessment test will be administered during the recruitment process.
External Posting Date:
External Closing Date: open until filled
Pay Range: Payband G – $30.87 – $35.77 (Start rate: $30.87)
Hours: 40 hrs. per week
Work Type: On-site
Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 9:00AM to 5:30PM
Ideal Start Date:
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
For more job opportunities, please visit: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?act=redirectCwsV2&cws=42&org=SENECOLL4