Contract: 28 hours per week until March 31, 2022
Pay Rate: $27/hour (plus statutory benefits in accordance with the Employment Standards Act, 2000, as amended.)
Start date: Immediate
Guided by principles of decolonization, anti-racism, anti-discrimination and anti-oppression, the Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors, through the CCNC-SJ President or other delegate, to oversee the operations of CCNC-SJ, including its various projects.
Key Job Requirements:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the CCNC-SJ, including all programs and activities.
- Carry out or otherwise ensure performance of all administrative duties, such as organizing meetings (including video meetings), responding to e-mails and other communications, and other follow-up as needed.
- Supervise and support contractors and ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
- Supervise and support staff.
- Liaise with partner organizations, funding bodies, government and non-governmental agencies, and media organizations.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers.
- Coordinate advocacy actions, including the proactive development of policy statements, briefs and news releases on issues relevant to the Chinese Canadian community.
- Facilitate public education programs and activities.
- Prepare funding applications, research proposals, program reports, and develop partnerships.
- Oversee social media platforms, including websites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement policies, guidelines, and strategic priorities.
- Comply with the organization’s financial policies and approved practices and ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting.
- Experience in working with community members, community organizations and agencies to address issues faced by racialized communities, and particularly Asian Canadian communities.
- Sound understanding of, and experience working for, access, equity, and inclusion in community projects.
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills, including the management of multiple stakeholders, meeting multiple project deadlines, and financial management.
- Excellent communications, facilitation, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing web-based and social media content, including graphics, videos and podcasts.
- Experience in web and social media promotion across various platforms. including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience working from an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic and fuller anti-oppressive perspective.
- Awareness of systemic barriers faced by equity-seeking groups; either from first-hand experience, work and/or educational background.
Deadline Application: April 30, 2021
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only contact candidates shortlisted for interviews.