95 Development Inc. is seeking for Construction Site Superintendent
95 Development Inc. is one of Toronto’s most innovative and leading construction companies specializing in high-quality developments with a focus on architectural quality and service excellence. We are currently seeking a Construction Superintendent who speaks English and Mandarin to join our quickly expanding company. The Ideal candidate will have a solid background working in General construction, Interior renovations, building envelope, commercial and low-rise or mid-rise residential construction experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the role of Construction Site Superintendent with a General Contracting firm.
- Proficient knowledge in Site Development, Building Envelope and Ontario Building Code
- Work closely with Project Managers, coordinating schedules, communicating project progress, assisting with documents and processes.
- Assist with permit application process.
- Contact new vendors and collect vendor information for system set-up.
- Ensure execution of proper documentation and process for every project.
- Organize trade contractors to work efficiently on site and meet schedule.
- Create and drive look-ahead schedules to organize and schedule sub-contractors to deliver based on the project milestones set in the schedule.
- Maintain a safe working environment to MOL standards.
- Verify all sub-contractors on site have their project documentation in order and are working on the latest set of drawings and specifications.
- Ensure the quality of products, materials, and workmanship delivered to site are to the standards specified in the construction documents.
- Manage, maintain and complete all punch list items throughout the course of construction with each individual sub-contractor.
- Provide daily updates to the project team including daily progress photos
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Organize and attend weekly, bi-weekly or monthly project related meetings.
- Communicate with vendors on an ongoing basis: site related coordination, invoices, POs, payments, permit application.
- Support the project team in receiving project close-out documentation from sub-contractors.
- Post-Construction client support for warranty calls.
Core Duties –
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
The candidate should be service oriented and have excellent oral & written communication skills. The fast-paced work environment requires the incumbent to be independent with minimal supervision and self-motivated. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize tasks, meet steep deadlines, work under pressure and be accountable to various reporting structures.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Proactive mindset. Upgrading and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Speak, read and write both English and Mandarin.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- College Diploma in a related field of study is required.
We thank all candidates for their interest; if you fit this profile, please email your resume to email@example.com . Only candidates being considered will be contacted. Thank you.