Facilitator, the Future of ACT2endracism Network (remote)
Action, Chinese Canadian Together -(ACCT) Foundation is hiring a Facilitator for the project: Future of the ACT2EndRacism Network. The Facilitator will work closely with ACCT Chair, project manager and the Steering committee to design, implement and report on the community engagement and consultation component.
ACCT Foundation: ACCT Foundation builds the capacity of Chinese Canadian leaders committed to creating a more equitable society in Canada. We facilitate capacity building programs for racial communities across the country, host leadership conferences, and provide a platform to eradicate racism.
The ACT2EndRacism Network, convened in response to the resurgence of Anti-Asian racism at the onset of the COVID pandemic believes that:
“Racism is entrenched in Canada’s history and present, and is hurting all Canadians. We recognize and stand in solidarity with other racial groups including Indigenous, Black, and other Asian communities to raise awareness of anti-Asian racism and build bridges between all communities. Collectively, we can elevate anti-Asian racism efforts to national levels and empower multicultural communities to fully participate in Canadian society.”
The Network is currently composed of over 50 organizational members from across Canada committed to creating a collective voice and working collaboratively to respond to and address anti-Asian hatred and racism in our communities and institutions.
The Future of the ACT2EndRacism Network project will explore and identify actions to take the Network to the next stage.
- Design and facilitate a series of meetings with ACT2ER network Future Steering committee members, relevant community members to reach decision on the future of the ACT2ER Network;
- Facilitate meetings with relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare and write the final report
- 5-10 years of community engagement / facilitating experiences;
- Master’s degree or above in Social Sciences or related fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizing and analyzing skills;
- Knowledge and experience with East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities is an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and virtual meeting platforms;
- Collaborative, flexible and ability to deliver work on time
Work Environment & Payment:
- Primarily remote work environment with some in-person meetings where possible and necessary
- Payment: $6000 total
Working period: October, 2022 – December 2022 Starting Date: October, 2022
Please send your resume and a cover letter by July 31st 2022 with title “ACT2endracism Network Consultant” to email: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage individuals from racial communities and who are unemployed to apply.