Consultant, the Future of ACT2endracism Network (remote)
Action, Chinese Canadian Together -(ACCT) Foundation is hiring a Consultant for the project: Future of the ACT2EndRacism Network. The Consultant will work closely with ACCT Chair, project manager and the Steering committee to design, implement and report on the community engagement and consultation component.
ACCT Foundation: ACCT Foundation builds the capacity of Chinese Canadian leaders committed to creating a more equitable society in Canada. We facilitate capacity building programs for racial communities across the country, host leadership conferences, and provide a platform to eradicate racism.
The ACT2EndRacism Network, convened in response to the resurgence of Anti-Asian racism at the onset of the COVID pandemic believes that:
“Racism is entrenched in Canada’s history and present, and is hurting all Canadians. We recognize and stand in solidarity with other racial groups including Indigenous, Black, and other Asian communities to raise awareness of anti-Asian racism and build bridges between all communities. Collectively, we can elevate anti-Asian racism efforts to national levels and empower multicultural communities to fully participate in Canadian society.”
The Network is currently composed of over 50 organizational members from across Canada committed to creating a collective voice and working collaboratively to respond to and address anti-Asian hatred and racism in our communities and institutions.
The Future of the ACT2EndRacism Network project will explore and identify actions to take the Network to the next stage.
- To design, implement and report on the community engagement and
- consultations with selected East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities
- Conduct consultations with five to seven East and Southeast Asian Canadian community members to identify the needs and issues pertaining to addressing and challenging anti-Asian racism and hatred as well as anti-racism efforts broadly;
- Prepare interim and final reports for this project consultation;
- Other related tasks such as outreach and engagement with identified communities and communications materials for the consultations;
- Working with Project Steering Committee and members from Asian Canadian communities;
- 5-10 years of community consultation / engagement experiences;
- Master’s degree or above in Social Sciences or related fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent synthesis skills and analytic skills to organize data and information;
- Knowledge and experience with East and Southeast Asian Canadian communities is an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and virtual meeting platforms;
- Collaborative, flexible and ability to deliver work on time
Work Environment & Payment:
- Primarily remote work environment with some in-person meetings where possible and necessary
- Payment: $8000 total
Working period: July, 2022 – October 2022 Starting Date: July 2022
Please send your resume and a cover letter by June 28th 2022 with title “ACT2endracism Network Consultant” to email: email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We encourage individuals from racial communities and who are unemployed to apply.