CPAC Job Posting: Development & Communication Officer
Job Title: Development & Communication Officer
Location: 4150 Finch Avenue East, Toronto(Finch & Midland)
Travel Required: No
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Type: Full Time (35hrs); Some weekend and evening work required
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
The Development & Communication Officer has a pro-active approach to developing new sponsorships and membership service programs. You are a sales person at heart and skilled at forging, cultivating and strengthening relationships with partners. You are also experienced in event management and strategic in communication and marketing.
Sponsorship & Grant Development
1. Work closely with the Executive Director to identify and obtain individual and corporate contributions; research and pursue funding opportunities from corporations, foundations and governments
2. Develop grant and sponsorship proposals and agreements; solicit and secure annual and event specific sponsors and in kind donations
3. Track and manage sponsor obligations and fulfillments, including delivering programs and activities committed to sponsors
4. Manage and maintain sponsors database; cultivate and nurture relationships with sponsors
Fundraising & Membership Development
5. Plan, design and execute fundraising and career service events
6. Work with other teams to develop and implement professional development, membership service and community service events and programs
7. Work with the Membership Service Coordinator to plan and manage interest based seminars and workshops
8. Work with the Operations and Program teams to develop strategies to stimulate membership growth
Marketing & Communication
1. Lead in overall corporate communication and the development and marketing of the CPAC brand
2. Oversee and prepare marketing and communication materials, including correspondence, print materials, web communications, email campaigns, e-newsletters, etc.
3. Work with IT support to update and improve organization website structure, contents and appearance, and develop and implement website and social media strategies
1. Perform other duties as assigned when needed
Skills & Qualifications:
1) Experience in fundraising, business development and event planning, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
2) Professional work experience and a high degree of maturity and professionalism required; must be a team player and able to work with different personalities
3) Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, editing and proofreading skills
4) Strong marketing, sales and negotiation skills
5) Advanced computer, internet marketing, and social media skills; desktop publishing, graphic design and website maintenance skills are assets
6) Ability to problem solve and make decisions in high pressure situations
Please forward your resume & cover letter, with salary expectation, to email@example.com by March 31, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.