CPAC Job Posting: Summer Student – Special Event Assistant
Special Event Assistant – Summer Student
Start Date: May 13th, 2019 (11 weeks)
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with over 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Special Event Assistant will report to Event Manager/Communication and Event Coordinator.
Work closely with members of the Communication team to execute event plans, assist all areas of event management, including but not limited to:
and liaising with event exhibitors or participants
- setting up venue
- producing event and marketing collateral
- manning the event registration desks
- coordinating volunteers
- Provide administrative support to the Communication and Development team
- Work some weekend hours
- All other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program in Event Management, Business, Marketing or related field
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Good computer skills;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
- Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
- Photoshop and basic graphic designing skills preferred
- Must be out-going
Students must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com by May 3rd, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.