CPAC Job Posting: Summer Student- WordPress Developer and IT Support
WordPress Developer and IT Support – Summer Student
Start Date: May 25th, 2017 (7 weeks)
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
Reporting to IT Support, this is a support position that requires a significant ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
- Website Improvement
- Network Management
- Documentation of work logs
- All other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in WordPress development and implementation;
- Knowledge and experience of current web development languages, including HTML5, CSS3, etc.;
- Knowledge and experience with web hosting, website security, VPS and WHM;
- Knowledge and experience with network management and technical support, including Windows Server 2012;
- Strong technical communication and interpersonal skills, Excellent documentation skills;
- Post-Secondary education in Computer science, IT or related fields;
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is an asset;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team;
- Trustworthy self-starter with positive attitude and excellent attendance record.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com by April 30, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.