CPAC-TD Leadership Development Program Starts in October
Do you feel that more leadership skills can help further your career? CPAC-TD Leadership Development Program is the place to be! Our program will help you develop leadership skills that will lead you to higher management and success in the modern workplace.
Leadership is an essential quality for all professionals, regardless of whether or not you hold a formal leadership role. CPAC-TD Leadership Development Program will help you develop leadership skills that would lead you to higher management and leadership positions.
Our experiential-based approach to leadership learning is an approach that is practical and relevant, geared towards helping you develop your leadership practice, rather than a program that merely delivers information about leadership theory.
You will learn and practice the skills, strategies, and creative processes required for effective leadership in challenging situations. Learn how to influence others by improving your communication, relationship-building, and management skills. Increase confidence in your communication, and problem-solving abilities. Develop new tools, techniques, and strategies to mobilize participation, build consensus, manage conflict, and move past stumbling blocks that prevent peak performance.
In addition, mentoring is a value-added component of the program. All learners will receive support from mentors with leadership and management experience.
At the end of the course each participant will receive a certificate that will clearly indicate your mastery of the skills, strategies, and creative processes required for effective leadership in challenging situations.
This is the right program for both emerging and experienced leaders who are looking to develop greater self-awareness and self-understanding as an essential foundation for leading others. CPAC-TD’s Leadership Development Program will benefit new or existing team leaders, or team members who want to work more effectively in team or shared-leadership environments, managers who want to enhance their leadership skills development in order to achieve outstanding results and anyone who interacts with internal or external customers.
The program includes three levels of training.
Level I: Management Skills
- Pre-training: Self- Assessment
- Day 1 Understand Yourself and People
- Learn more about yourself and gain essential insights into the personal attributes to lead others with impact.
- Day 2 Business communication and Problem solving
- How to communicate at workplace
- How to relate to leaders and colleagues
- How to bring viable business solutions to the organization.
- How to overcome personal and cultural bias in the process of problem solving and decision making
- Day 3 Finance for non-financial management
- Understanding Financial Statement
- Performance and Numbers
- Day 4 Conflict Management
- Learn about the nature of conflict and conflict resolution process, as well as identify and understand your natural and adapted reactions in conflict.
- Day 5 How to be heard and influence others
- Get what you want, show confidence and leverage your connections
- Know your stakeholders and speak with ease
Level II: Leadership Skills
Level III: Executive Training
CPAC now is recruiting participants for level I training for year 2012.
Course length: Five (5) weeks, October 20– November 17, 2012
Time: Every Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Hilton Suites, 8500 Warden Ave.(Warden & Highway 7), Markham L6G 1A5
Class size: Limit of 20 participants per class, please register early
Fees: CPAC members and TD employees – $650+HST, non-members – $750+HST
Please download the Application Form here and return your completed Application Form together with a Cover Letter and your Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need more information or have any questions, please call Harold Goldin, Program Coordinator at 416-298-7885 ext. 211