East Metro Youth Services: Director of Community Engagement and Development
East Metro Youth Services, Toronto Lead Agency and a fully accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre serving adolescents and their families in East Toronto for over 40 years, is inviting applications for the following full time, permanent position:
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Community Programs and Partnerships
Full Time Permanent Position
To provide leadership on, oversee, and manage all functions pertaining to EMYS youth and community programs including but not limited to newcomer services, developmental services, youth outreach and drop in services. Lead EMYS community development work including partnership development and cultivation and represent EMYS in all related tables, committees and initiatives.
• Provide leadership and oversight to EMYS community-based programs including needs assessment, program and budget planning, program review and development as well as implementation and evaluation.
• Cultivate and maintain key partnerships to enhance and expand EMYS community development and youth engagement work.
• Provide leadership on EMYS’s strategic plan and agency priority setting, decision making and implementation.
• Participate in cross-organizational activities that build both the agency and the department.
• Manage the Community Programs and Partnerships team, including coaching, mentoring, setting, monitoring, and evaluating performance goals, and support for professional development and job satisfaction.
• Create and/or manage reports and progress for EMYS Board, senior management, core services providers, YOW partners, funders, existing and potential partners and other external audiences.
• To maintain all program service standards in accordance with EMYS policies and procedures, Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA) standards, and relevant legislation as well as;
• To promote the development and/or the delivery of staff training programs and research projects.
• To assume responsibility for other tasks that may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• M.S.W. or related graduate degree or equivalent; plus,
• Five years of suitable and related supervisory/management experience in a range of diverse, community-based children’s mental health, community development initiatives and violence prevention programs;
• Results orientation, ability to work to multiple and competing deadlines;
• Superior analytical skills and judgment;
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Very strong interpersonal skills, adept at relationship building, influence, and persuasion, and demonstrated political acumen;
• Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment;
• Prior experience in the not-for-profit sector;
• Knowledge of community-based child & youth mental health and youth sector including issues/challenges; and innovative solutions;
• Demonstrated experience leading, motivating, and managing staff, volunteers and partners, and ability to work effectively in an inclusive and collaborative team environment;
• Ability to speak both official languages an asset;
• Eligible for certification/membership in relevant professional association; and,
• Vulnerable sector screening police background check is required.
In accordance with the agency’s employment equity plan we are particularly interested in encouraging qualified applicants from all communities that reflect the diversity of the youth and families we serve. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests when contacted for an interview. The agency assesses all candidates in a fair and equitable manner.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by Friday, May 4, 2018 at 4p.m.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB NUMBER 18-15 IN YOUR COVER LETTER
(Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted, no phone calls please)
Human Resources Manager, East Metro Youth Services
1200 Markham Road, Suite 200, Scarborough Ontario, M1H 3C3