East Metro Youth Services: Director of Strategy and System Management
East Metro Youth Services, Toronto Lead Agency and a fully accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre serving Toronto, is inviting applications for the following full time, permanent position:
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY AND SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
Strategy and System Management
Full Time Permanent Position
To provide leadership on, oversee, and manage all functions pertaining to strategy including organizational and system management strategy development, implementation planning, assessment, and adjustment, with a primary focus on our work as a lead agency under the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS)’ Moving on Mental Health mandate and Youth Outreach Worker (YOW) provincial leadership.
- Provide leadership and oversight on strategy and system management, development, implementation planning, assessment, and review.
- Support Chief Executive Officer and Management team in strategy development related to government relations and province-wide initiative discussions.
- Partner with a wide range of stakeholder members (community and hospital-based providers, other lead agency staff across the province, key partners in LHINS and Education, MCYS and other related government ministries, etc.) to transform child and youth mental health services in the City of Toronto.
- Partner with YOW Lead Agencies across the province and within Toronto, manage data systems and analysis, and provide orientation, training and hosting of annual and other learning events.
- Provide leadership on EMYS’s strategic plan and agency priority setting, decision making and implementation.
- Lead and support development of range of sector working groups including mandate, terms of reference, deliverables and membership.
- To identify opportunities for strategic linkages with other strategic initiatives and partners both internal to and external to the organization.
- Manage the Strategy and Systems Management team, including coaching, mentoring, setting, monitoring, and evaluating performance goals, and support for professional development and job satisfaction.
- Provide leadership through active membership in EMYS’s Senior Management Team and partner internally on communications, business intelligence and performance metrics.
- Participate in cross-organizational activities that build both the organization and the department.
- Create and/or manage reports and progress for EMYS Board, senior management, core services providers, YOW partners, funders, existing and potential partners and other external audiences.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree (Master’s level preferred) in Health Administration, Policy and Administration, Social Work or related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a strategy role and demonstrated experience in driving informed, evidence-based strategic decisions;
- Results orientation, ability to work to multiple and competing deadlines;
- Superior analytical skills and judgment;
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Very strong interpersonal skills, adept at relationship building, influence, and persuasion, and demonstrated political acumen;
- Excellent constituent service skills and the capacity to work with multi-stakeholder groups from the corporate, public or not for profit sectors, as well as internal constituents across multiple business functions;
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment;
- Prior experience in the not-for-profit sector;
- Knowledge of community-based child & youth mental health and youth sector including issues/challenges; and innovative solutions;
- Demonstrated experience leading, motivating, and managing staff, volunteers and partners, and ability to work effectively in an inclusive and collaborative team environment;
- Vulnerable sector screening police background check is required.
In accordance with the agency’s employment equity plan we are particularly interested in encouraging qualified applicants from all communities that reflect the diversity of the communities and partners we serve. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests when contacted for an interview. The agency assesses all candidates in a fair and equitable manner.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume by Friday, May 4, 2018 at 4p.m.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB NUMBER 18 -14 IN YOUR COVER LETTER
(Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted, no phone calls please)
Human Resources Manager, East Metro Youth Services
1200 Markham Road, Suite 200, Scarborough Ontario, M1H 3C3