Edmonton Account Manager Role
Apply with resume to email@example.com
Manage an account portfolio of approximately 45-60 large size customers, including National Accounts and contract customers. Develop sales plans that effectively market Grainger’s value proposition to customers in their account territories to drive profitable sales growth. Utilize Sales Management System (SMS) to understand customer needs and present cost effective solutions which will increase customer spend loyalty and retention.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maximize revenue for designated account package by growing sales within existing accounts, expanding customer contacts, identifying and developing new opportunities at a level consistent with or exceeding company
- Understand customer needs and objectives and remains alert and responsive to changing customer needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of market data and access to resources to
quickly respond to new developments in the customer’s business
- Demonstrate consistent focus on actions and tactics that will produce positive sales results
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the customers’ products and
services to formulate business strategies to drive revenue
- Understand Grainger’s Value Proposition and can clearly articulate to
customers, providing solutions to grow profitable sales
- Communicate in an organized, clear and concise manner to effectively express ideas, plans, actions, and projects to support customer needs
- Establish customer and market priorities to execute a strategic course of action to accomplish sales goals
- Develop and implement account penetration strategies to include regular business reviews for key customers to maximize sales
- Adherence to company sales and pricing guidelines
- Fully leverage all resources and technical support available
- Document, analyze, and understand impact of customer focused activities to increase productivity and sales within assigned market
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Self-motivated, possessing a high energy level and a desire to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Business acumen around sales forecasting, opportunity management and customer planning
- Technological capabilities and understanding to communicate in today’s
- Ability to listen, gain trust and bring to closure an action, project, resolution or sales with customers
- Ability to clearly articulate business drivers, understand key financial and total cost of ownership concepts with all levels of the organization
- Ability to utilize sales process to uncover customer objections/concerns, and determine appropriate solutions
- Ability to maintain a plan of action until desired results is achieved
- Strong process discipline, ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop market revenue
- Knowledge of Maintenance Repair & Operations (MRO) products and their applications a plus
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- A post-secondary education is preferred
- 3+ years of direct sales experience
Consistent with Grainger’s Sales Mgt process, travel required to each customer within aligned market at least once per month, or more frequently where needed.
Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Grainger hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Grainger is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
At Grainger Canada our true value is our people. Attracting and engaging the best employees is the key to our success. At Grainger in Canada, we offer a positive and collaborative work experience, a diverse and inclusive environment and the resources to help our team members succeed.
Grainger Canada is the largest distributor of industrial, safety, and fastener products with distribution centres, branches and over 1,500 team members coast to coast. For over 130 years, we have been helping businesses and government keep their operations running and their people safe while creating a company where hard working, talented people can thrive.
Are you looking for a career that offers comprehensive benefits, a supportive work environment and the opportunity to be part of a great team?
Join us today and be part of our talent network to take your career to the next level!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.