Grant Writer (Analyst, Tax) , Grant Thornton
Grant Writer (Analyst, Tax) [Research & Development and Government Incentives]
Location: Toronto [200 King St. W.]
Alternate Location: Georgetown, ON, Hamilton, ON, Markham, ON, Mississauga, ON, Toronto (North), ON
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Grant Thornton is a leading tax, accounting and advisory services firm where our passion is to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive!
About our Team
The Research and Development and Government Incentives practice is a national team of engineers, scientists, and financial professionals that assist clients in identifying and securing funding for innovation, employment and international market expansion. Our clients focus on advancing technology development in Canada and cover agri-food, advanced manufacturing, biotechnology/pharma and software/IT disciplines.
As a Grant Writer (Analyst, Tax) [Research & Development and Government Incentives] your responsibilities will include:
• Research and analysis of a variety of Government grant programs at the Federal and Provincial levels
• Technical writing, development of business plans and cost projections and preparation of written summaries for internal and external stakeholders including clients and funding agencies
• Become proficient with the use of Government grant application portal systems, program guidelines and their requirements
• Review of client information to understand our client’s business activities
• Ability to communicate effectively with and source documentation from Marketing, HR, Engineering, Product Development, R&D and Production departments
• Develop funding agency tools and templates
• Manage client and internal stakeholder requests for information, prepare and present program information in client and agency meetings
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Grant Writer (Analyst, Tax) [Research & Development and Government Incentives] ? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• A University graduate, preferably from an Arts, Business or Science and Engineering discipline
• R&D is the foundation of our client’s businesses. A keen multi-disciplinary interest in science and technology is ideal
• Capability to manage multiple priorities effectively
• Proficient in Outlook, MS Word and Excel
• Professional and personal demeanour with excellent client service and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to convey ideas in a simple manner
• Previous experience in a professional services firm would be an asset
Our ideal candidate will show us that they can:
• Be Curious – our clients are some of the most technologically advanced in Canada and the entire world. An interest in technology and science is key.
• Be Open – our team is supportive of helping you to grow in the role. We have developed a detailed on-boarding process and training modules to provide you the basic framework of the role along with one-on-one coaching from seasoned team members. Be open to learning new skills across technology, practice and engagement management and professionalism.
• Be Collaborative – We work as a national team to assist our clients wherever they are located. You will work with stakeholders throughout our firm and our client’s organizations to better understand, document and support their research and development processes. You will collaborate in creating summary reports of the work performed by our clients and assist in financial modelling of the R&D process.
• Be Diligent – our work is deadline driven, highly confidential and important to driving the Canadian economy forward through job creation and investment. We are proud of the impact we have on Canadian businesses and ensure we capture every eligible aspect of work performed.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com