Great West Life (Vancouver): Insurance Wholesaler-Bilingual (English/Mandarin)
Job ID 2018-17084
Category: Sales and Development
Job Type: Full Time
Job: Industry Financial Services and Banking, Insurance
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Experience: 3
Posted End Date: 2/28/2019
Already you’re recognized as the one to watch. Now you’re ready to step up the game in the insurance arena — and to shine like the go-getter you are. Join a creative organization where you’ll connect with some of the most entrepreneurial, spirited, energetic people you’ll ever meet.
We’re looking for a Insurance Wholesaler with a solid background in insurance to play a key role with the Product Solutions team in Vancouver.
In this fast-paced and results-oriented environment, you’ll be one of our local life insurance, disability and critical illness experts. You’ll provide product knowledge, creative sales ideas and industry insight to advisors within our Freedom 55 Financial distribution channel — some of thefinest in the business.
- Your background includes at least 3 years in the financial services industry. You’re proactive and not afraid to step outside your comfort zone and try something new and educational. You hold or are working towards valid financial services designations such as CFP, CH.F.C, CLU, RHU, or CHS.
- You really care about relationships and your book of business. As a resource specialist for life, disability and critical illness insurance, you’re excited to bring forward a sales concept to your advisors and help ensure the idea resonates with their clients. Your advisors appreciate your advice to help them meet their goals. When they succeed, you succeed and you live by that credo.
- You believe in cross-pollination and sharing ideas, not just with your proprietary team of advisors, but with your peers in other regions as well. Change and evolution keep you engaged and fulfilled.
In this position it’s about personal and professional growth and results, and that’s what drives you. Speaking of which, you’ll welcome opportunities to build your business.
You thrive because you get personal satisfaction that comes from helping others succeed — your mentoring nature is part of your DNA, and you appreciate the key role you play in helping Canadians reach their goals and dreams.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in financial services/insurance industry
- Post secondary education, preferably in finance; or equivalent work experience
- Strong sales or wholesaling experience and relationship-building skills
- Good knowledge of Canadian life insurance, disability and critical illness products, sales strategies, the financial services industry and applicable legislation.
- General understanding of tax and estate planning principles related to life insurance and living benefit solutions
- Hold or working towards valid financial services designations, such as CFP, CH.F.C, CLU, RHU, or CHS
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Active life insurance license
- Ability to travel throughout an assigned region using your own means of transportation
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin) required, Cantonese would be an asset
Perks of working with Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
- Ongoing professional development: We offer an array of proprietary and industry leading programs, seminars and learning workshops to inspire greatness and improve your knowledge, training and selling/marketing skills.
- Competitive compensation: We designed our compensation program to reward you for building your regions business. It includes a base salary, productivity-based bonuses and benefit options, a company-matching RPP and a share ownership plan.
- Recognition and rewards: We go all out to recognize outstanding performance with a multitude of programs, campaigns, promotions and development meetings to reward your success.
- Proven processes, strategies and tools: We provide a wide array of resources, tools and processes for improving workflow, working with clients as well as for managing your territory.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates can either apply directly to email@example.com or through https://gwlcareers-greatwestlife.icims.com/jobs/17084/insurance-wholesaler-bilingual-%28english-mandarin%29/job