Junior Software Engineer (Volunteer), Grainger
Junior Software Engineer (Volunteer)
You will be working closely with the Senior Program Manager to gain project experience and apply your high-level skills in computer programming (.net programming) and deep understanding of analytics. (Power BI and Teradata software).
- Proven time management skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professionalism in working with a wide variety of diverse stakeholder groups.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills to effectively work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Demonstrated experience using MS suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Power BI (not required but preferred). Teradata software experience.
- Excel experience with V-lookups, formulas, and pivot tables preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with operating and maintaining SharePoint.
- Current or Recent graduate in Software Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience
- Project Management experience, an asset
- Computer programming experience
Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Grainger hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
Grainger is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
How to apply:
Please email your resume with the title “Junior Software Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org