Let’s celebrate together this Saturday(June 30) at CPAC Summer Festival
The CPAC Summer Festival is scheduled for June 30, at the Earl Bales Park (4169 Bathurst Street, North York, ON M3H 3P7). The festival is co-organized by the Chinese Professionals Association of Canada (CPAC) and the Council of New Comers Organizations, and the event is partly funded by Canadian Heritage.
The theme for this year’s Summer Festival is “Civilization, development and peace”. This event will not only reflect China’s five thousand years of civilizations, but also showcase the unique elements of Chinese integration into the western civilization. The festival will also demonstrate Chinese elites in the manufacturing, retailing, financial services as well as real estate industries. Peace is the eternal theme. In GTA, the Chinese and other ethnic people are living together in peaceful coexistence. The Summer Festival coincides with an important part of Canada Day celebration. It is the festival both in the Chinese community and other ethnic communities celebrating harmony and happiness in Canada.
The Summer festival is rich in content. A few thousands of people will participate. The entire celebration will be divided into five activity areas.
1) Cultural performance area: performance venue is an outdoor arena with the capacity of over 400 people. The performance program will last about four hours, including songs and dances, folk arts, talent contest, the performance by other ethnics, as well as audience interactive programs. The performance will present the most prominent multi-cultural characteristics in Canada.
2) Associations area: There are over twenty associations affiliated with Council of New Comers Organizations. Many associations will incorporate their own summer events into this grand summer festival. Around the noontime, each association will start its own picnic and have activities showing its own local characteristics. Culture and custom across China will be performed vividly. In particular, the organizers will hold a blind date for more than 200 single men and women at the site, a unique show for this festival.
3) Food snacks and commercial services area: There will be various Chinese local snacks offered by vendors.
4) Sports and entertainment district: the tug of war and other fun activities will keep people in high spirits. Poker championship race will be held there.
5) Recreation and entertainment district: A number of prizes fun activities await the arrival of children, where the children will spend a happy, meaningful, and rewarding day.
This is the first time in 2012 that CPAC teams up with dozens associations to co-host the festival. Descendants of Chinese, as well as other ethnic communities, let us celebrate together at the Earl Bales Park, for our new home Canada!
Fact Sheet of the Ninth Summer Festival:
Time: 12:00 am – 7:00pm, June 30, 2012
12:00pm – 3:00pm: Associations in their own celebration activities
3:00pm – 7:00pm: theatrical performances, the main stage
Venue: Earl Bales Park (4169 Bathurst Street, North York, ON M3H 3P7)
Marketing Team: Stella Yu (Tel: 416-917-7688 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tan Geng (Tel: 416-838-9530 Email: email@example.com)
Advocacy Team: Philip He (Tel: 416-779-8 751 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tinna Xu (Tel: 416-298-7885 ext.112 Email: email@example.com)