Maintenance Technician , Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday), permanent
Job Location: Scarborough, ON (on-site)
Department: Maintenance & Engineering
Wage Category: Annual Salary with Benefits
Report to: Maintenance Manager
Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc. has inspired the industry with its award-winning cosmetics services since 2004. We embrace research and innovation – ceaselessly bringing advanced cosmeceutical technologies and ingredients into our creation.
At Crystal Claire Cosmetics Inc., we take pride in our innovation, expertise, and excellence in creating the finest cosmetic formulas and packaging solutions for our clients. We partner with the world’s top leading cosmetics companies in providing fully integrated turnkey solutions. We value and respect individuality and personal initiative where all employees can develop, grow, and achieve their career goals.
The role of Maintenance Technician at Crystal Claire Cosmetics is for the right person who can work in a fast-paced environment. The position is for a person who is driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will perform mechanical and electrical installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of site equipment, utilities, systems and/or facilities in accordance with established SOPs, GMP guidelines and EH&S policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance procedures according to the established SOP and PM schedule, coordinating parts and service, as required.
- Builds & grows existing preventative maintenance program while maintaining a proactive approach to Plant and Equipment maintenance & repair.
- Performs operational checks on equipment and systems. Detects and investigates variance in performance of equipment, utilities, systems and/ or facilities to ensure proper or enhanced functioning
- Completes required compliance documentation, log books, timesheets, etc. when executing duties. Maintains an assortment of common spare parts.
- Ensure issues, follow-up actions and /or resolutions are clearly communicated to peers and supervisors. This information should be transferred at shift overlaps as well as during the shift.
- Ensures that maintenance or repair of Production Equipment, Site Facilities, Systems and Utilities are carried out in a timely manner. Great team player to achieve all outcomes
- Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts and overtime request, including weekend, holiday and after-hours duty.
- Help with process improvement, miscellaneous duties and other tasks as assigned
- Fabricate parts, as necessary, utilize shop equipment
- Perform other duties assigned
- At least 2 years experiences in maintenance of manufacturing type equipment or equivalent in a medium or large organization
- Shows dignity, respect while performing duties and contributes to department goals. Take ownership and accountability for issues, Strong interpersonal & problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic Systems Diagnostics; Electrical, Mechanic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Instrumentation & PLC. Capable of using electrical testing equipment to diagnose problems
- Applied technical skills, knowledge and experience to identify, recommend and implement improvements to equipment, utilities, and facilities.
- Be a team player, a positive contributor; be open to suggesting and implementing ideas to better the business.
- Willing to participate in skill enhancement programs
- Experience in food/pharmaceutical environment preferable but not required
- Operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.). Milling, Lathe and welding is an strong asset
- Electrician or Millwright license an asset
- Forklift, boom zoom, truck experience an asset
- Ability to work any shift including weekends as required. Must be available for flexible working schedule
- Able to use Windows such us Outlook, Word, Excel
• Company events
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site gym
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
Please note: We thank you for your interest, please submit you resume on our official website www.crystalclaire.com/careers, candidates selected for interview will be contacted.