As a Manager, Analytics & Solutions, the incumbent will help to maintain/build current Total Wealth Analyzer Power BI tool, as well as support our current project which is to transform our current Wealth reports from multiple business lines (PIC, PB, Trust, etc.) to PowerBI reporting base.
The incumbent will help to document/design/streamline our ETL process as well as apply automation to simply current data collection/manipulation/cleaning processes.
The incumbent will share responsibilities to maintain some BAU processes/reports as well as some ad-hoc request from executive team.
- Working closely with various technology teams to build, improve, and automate advanced Wealth BI solution using Power BI, enabling real time dashboards for executives, senior managements within Scotia Wealth Management with enriched data and insights. Design, develop, and deliver both client level and advisor level reporting and dashboard across all Wealth business lines – including Private Banking, ScotiaMcLeod, Scotiatrust, PIC and iTRADE, ensure data accuracy and usability.
- Working closely with Total Wealth Analyzer supporting team, to identify/improve user experience with our current product. Apply data mining/AI/ business knowledge to help identify opportunities as well as provide easy guidance/alert for users while browsing through their portfolio.
- Support identifying revenue opportunities for advisors and measure the success.
- Work with Salesforce team to build an integrated solution for TWA better connected with SF.
- Work closely with Wealth business lines for ad-hoc analytics requests on clients, households, assets, revenue & profitability. Leverage business results data to identify referral and other revenue opportunities through client life cycle.
- Identify data discrepancy issues and work closely with technology partners to find solutions. Apply automation for data transferring and data mining tasks to improve efficiency.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
- Required – University degree in Statistic, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Management or a related discipline
- Preferred – MBA, MMA, MMAI and / or equivalent post-secondary education
- 2-3 years advanced analytical experience, including but not limit to – Power BI reporting solution, propensity modeling, client segmentation & household definition.
- Experience working in the wealth management or financial services sector would be an asset
- Expert knowledge in Power BI, data ETL, data model and automation
- Demonstrate a good practice to manage a variety of dataset, processes, and systems
- Detail Oriented is the must
- Strong data mining skills and proficient in a variety of languages including R, SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, Datameer.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret complex data
- Self-driven, results-oriented
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to deal with all levels of management
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines
- Good to have – UI design experience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.