Manager, Domestic Tax, Grant Thornton
Manager, Domestic Tax
Location: Markham, ON
Alternate Location: Mississauga, ON, Toronto [200 King St. W.]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Domestic Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national project
We are looking for a team player who is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place.
As a Manager, Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Analyzing, planning and implementing the reorganizations of companies and other assets, including the purchase and sale of businesses
• Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
• Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients’ requirements
• Assisting business development management for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
• Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
• Coaching more junior tax team members and ensuring a meaningful performance review process
• Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members at lower levels
• Attending client and stakeholder meetings with the Tax team
• Assisting the Partners and Senior Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
• Preparing and reviewing files for Partners
• Identifying and generating new business opportunities
• Being an active part of the professional services community
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Domestic Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• CPA, CA, CGA, CMA designation
• Completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
• 3 years’ minimum public practice experience in Canadian income tax
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development
• A commitment to exceptional client service
• Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
Location: Markham with travel to clients and other Grant Thornton Offices across Southern Ontario.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in the position, please contact
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com