Manager, Tax, Grant Thornton
Manager, Tax [Transfer Pricing]
Location: Toronto [200 King St. W.]
Alternate Location: Calgary, AB, Vancouver, BC, Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Manager to assist in the leadership and growth of our Transfer Pricing Practice. Our innovative Transfer Pricing Practice will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with a dedicated team of specialists in an exciting and growing practice. As an externally focused professional, you will provide pro-active advice on a variety of transfer pricing issues, be involved in risk management and provide value-added services. In this leadership role, you must be client focused and have excellent interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships with clients and tax authorities. You must also have strong research and analysis capabilities, as well as the ability to identify issues and provide creative and effective solutions for a diverse range of clients with international operations.
A career in Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective fields
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of international projects
As a Manager, Transfer Pricing your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrating an experienced-level of understanding of transfer pricing concepts and current practice
• Project planning and engagement management
• Managing client relationships and expectations
• Developing and delivering effective client focused strategies
• Interacting and communicating effectively with clients across Canada, and colleagues around the world
• Report, letter, memo and proposal drafting and review
• Advising clients on compliance, planning and controversy matters
• Coaching our staff and playing an active role in professional development
• Reviewing the work of staff and colleagues
• Assisting in the resolution of tax authority audits
• Assisting clients with Competent Authority matters
• Playing an active role in the implementation of our advice
• Making presentations to colleagues, clients and other groups
• Identifying and supporting new business opportunities and practice development initiatives
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Transfer Pricing? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, business, law, finance, and/or an accounting designation, CFA, CBV, JD/LLB or LLM
• 4+ years of transfer pricing experience at a professional services firm, or a combination of tax authority and professional services experience
• Proven analytical, problem-solving, communication (oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
• Significant experience with business writing
• Strong knowledge of financial and management accounting
• Experience managing a small team is a strong asset
• A strong commitment to client service, and attention to detail
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com