Materials Planner , STATE Window Corporation
The materials planner will report directly to the Purchasing Manager regarding purchase orders of all materials that are required for the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of our Company products. The materials planner will help coordinate efficient flow of materials and finished goods into and out of the production process. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent multi tasking and organizational techniques.
- Accuracy, follow through, and fine attention to detail.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Self motivated, confident, energetic, and creative with good initiative.
- Able to take direction and work independently.
- Team player with good problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook; and
- ERP Experience would be an asset.
- College diploma or equivalent
- Purchasing certificate is an asset.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 2 years materials/purchasing experience.
- Materials/Purchasing experience in manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Office setting;
- Work environment requires wearing PPE in certain other locations;
- At times requires driving a company vehicle to visit suppliers and/or pick up samples; and
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
Job Specific Duties
- Create, send and follow up on purchase order based on production schedule.
- Create and maintain Delivery schedule for all the relevant suppliers in accordance with our production schedule;
- Expedites material to meet deadlines and customer expectations.
- Monitor and react to scheduling changes and coordinate with suppliers any such changes to support production flow and minimize Inventory.
- Reacts with urgency to critical material shortage situations.
- Coordinate material arrival based on shipping schedule.
- Coordinate with shipping any requests for material pick up.
- Monitor inventory levels of materials for manufacturing;
- Assist in managing raw material inventory level to optimize lean manufacturing
- Address with vendors any issues of defective product and coordinate any necessary returns.
- Maintain efficient an accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Update system and informed involved department with order acknowledgment dates for product arrival.
- Follow up on late PO’s and provide updated delivery information to effected parties
- Address urgent issues and requests from the plant in a timely manner.
- Prepares for future upcoming jobs to prevent delays.
- Maintain price sheets and update costs within system when needed.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies or issues with Accounting and vendors.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships through constant communication.
- Ensure compliance to company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
How to apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org