Open House – Glendon General Interpreting Graduate Diploma, Saturday, Nov 30, 2013
If you are interested in becoming an interpreter, or you have a background in healthcare and you speak English and at least one other language (Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic and Russian), then you may be the person needed to provide quality communication for fellow newcomers. Please join us at the open house, Saturday, November 30, 2013.
The General Interpreting Diploma program at Glendon College, York University, is an online based training program. You can manage time at your own convenience and are not required to attend courses and training at Glendon College campus. After finishing the courses in one year, you will get a diploma in general interpreting. When you are reaching the end of your first year, we will help you explore a number of options beyond the Graduate Diploma in General Interpreting.
Date/Time: 10:00am-1:00pm, Saturday, November 30, 2013
Location: York Hall 143 (the Interpreting Lab)
2275 Bayview Ave., Toronto, ON
Glendon Campus, York University
The following activities are planned for the day:
- 10:00 a.m.: Dr. Andrew Clifford, “The MCI (Master of Conference Interpreting) — Your Passport to Multiple Destinations”
- 10:30 a.m.: Your Turn in the Booth
- 11:00 a.m.: Current Student Roundtable, “What I Wish I Had Known When I Applied to the MCI”
- 11:30 a.m.: Hands-On Practice, “What is Consecutive Interpreting and How Do I Do It?”
- 12:00 p.m.: Year One vs. Year Two, “Which is Better, Online or Onsite?”
- 12:30 p.m.: Your Turn in the Booth
For further information about the MCI Open House, please email to: email@example.com