Physical Security System Adminstrator, Seneca College
Reporting to the Manager of Security Services the incumbent is responsible for the coordination and operation of all security systems and equipment within Security Services. This includes but not limited to both software and hardware applications with respect to the access control systems, key control management systems, surveillance systems, emergency Code Blue phones, emergency applications including mass notification, and intrusion alarms.
The incumbent will be required to assess and respond to operational issues and ensure that the Security Services’ security systems are operating efficiently, safely, and in compliance with all pertinent legislative codes and standards.
This is currently a Hybrid role. The incumbent is anticipated to work anywhere between 60-70% per week onsite with flexibility to work remote or onsite work. This might change depending on operational needs. Frequent travel to support all main campuses will be required.
Coordination of equipment installation and access control administration
- Coordinates installation/maintenance for electronic security and equipment such as CCTV, security systems, access control and intrusion alarms.
- Administers access control to staff and students who have the appropriate authorization and approval provided for access and defined areas; liaisons with appropriate stakeholders regarding access privileges and departmental authorizations.
- Coordinates time-limited access privileges and cards for issuance to part-time, sessional staff, and external contractors.
- Conducts risk and threat assessments with Cybersecurity stakeholders to ensure that devices are meeting standards and software updates are applied accordingly.
- Works with ITS department to resolve technical issues related to security platform and access information.
Security platforms monitoring
- Ensures appropriate preventative maintenance and oversees emergency repairs of security platform servers and electronic access panels and controllers.
- Obtains quotations from external security equipment vendors as required, participates and assists in the RFP/RFQ vendor selection processes.
- Responsible to oversee external contractors who are servicing and/or installing Security Services’ security systems.
Security Platforms maintenance
- Investigates all reports, videos and access control as it relates to crime/incidents for all campuses.
- Ensures policies and procedures, comply with privacy laws, codes and legislative requirements with regard to closed circuit television monitoring (CCTV), surveillance, investigation documentation and records retention.
- Reviews and monitors confidential reports relative to CCTV, door access and any alarm systems data as required.
Training for security staff on security systems and hardware
- Ensures Security staff is provided with detailed information regarding CCTVs, access control issues and upgrades, hardware updates, etc.
- Develops and maintains training plans and procedures as required for security systems.
As part of our commitment to dismantling barriers to success and job opportunities for employees and candidates, Seneca may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) year diploma in Computer networking Studies, IT Security, Systems Analysis or related discipline.
- Certification in Kantech, Lenel Milestone systems is an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in operating and maintaining security systems is required.
- Experience working in a large facility dealing with multiple types of technology for security services is required.
- Experience in the physical installation and reading technical drawings of security systems is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of security hardware and software systems including video surveillance, intrusion, and distress systems.
- Detailed knowledge of security systems (preference for Kantech, Lenel, Code Blue and Milestone) and excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of Lenel, Milestone, Code Blue product lines and demonstrated expertise in security systems and intrusion alarm products.
- Thorough knowledge of safety and security industry standards and practices, emergency management principles, fire prevention and life safety codes.
- Experience in team facilitation, instruction, or training.
- Demonstrated project management experience and risk assessment.
- A skills assessment will be required during the recruitment process.
- Candidates must be able to travel between Seneca campus locations.
External Posting Date: May 2023
External Closing Date: open until filled
Pay Range: Payband 8: $69,022 – $86,277 (Start Rate: $69,022 – $77,649)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Work Type: Hybrid
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 ( depending on operational needs)
Ideal Start Date:
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Note: Seneca requires copies of educational credentials at the time of an interview. Confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency will be required upon hire.
For more job opportunities, please visit: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?act=redirectCwsV2&cws=42&org=SENECOLL4