Purchasing Manager, STATE Window Corporation
The Purchasing Manager will report directly to the Vice President, Operations and will be responsible for leading the purchasing team and overseeing the responsibility of forecasting, inventory planning and procurement across the supply chain network in an accurate way while supporting the production team in meeting customer needs. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in-person;
- Work in a team environment;
- Both administrative and technical in nature;
- High level of organizational skills;
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- Understand company policies and procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook; and
- ERP Experience would be an asset.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Business or Supply Chain Management and or 5+ Years experience in purchasing, or supply chain/Inventory management.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 5+ years in purchasing, procurement, or supply chain/inventory management.
- On-site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having construction safety footwear and hard hat for all site work and in certain other locations; and
- At times requires driving a company vehicle to visit suppliers and/or pick up samples.
- Ability to train, mentor and lead the purchasing team;
- A high comfort level interacting with direct suppliers, Engineering, Production, Quality and upper management;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and negotiation skills;
- Solid judgment along with decision-making skills;
- Works independently without supervision;
- Demonstrate organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations;
- Ability to take on continuous improvement projects with other departments; and
- Devising and implementing procurement strategies and procedures.
Job Specific Duties
- Review and analyze Material Take off for new projects;
- Review supplier P.O status reports and take action on backorders to ensure production schedule is achieved;
- Obtain comparison pricing, negotiate contracts, award jobs based on price, service and quality;
- Liaise with Operations Team to ensure all materials are on time to meet production schedule;
- Monitor inventory levels of materials for manufacturing;
- Manage purchase orders, document notes and due dates, and resolve purchase order issues;
- Resolve suppliers’ issues, price increase request, quality and shipment issues;
- Manage day to day purchasing operation’s needs;
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement-related problems;
- Control of stock level items;
- Coordinate with Project Managers to provide samples / mock-ups for new jobs;
- Ensure that all purchases meet project and company standards and, when found defective or unacceptable product, determine the cause, take corrective, and preventative action; and
- Liaise with accounting department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices to maintain relationships with suppliers.
How to apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org