Research Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs, CPAC
Job Title: Research Assistant (2 positions) – Canada Summer Jobs
CPAC Institute is hiring two (2) summer students to assist in an education-related research project. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with research design, execution, and dissemination. You will be mentored by an experienced researcher and will work collaboratively across the organization and with our research partners.
- In-progress undergraduate or graduate degree in humanities or social sciences
- Background in education or sociology preferred
- Previous exposure to research is desired
- Experience with online survey design and quantitative data analysis is an asset
- Familiarity with East and Southeast Asian Canadian history and culture is an asset
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills in addressing multiple tasks and timelines
- Ability to process information with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Conduct literature reviews
- Provide support for participant recruitment
- Assist in preparing, managing, and implementing online survey
- Assist in data collection and analysis
- Assist in preparing manuscripts and reports
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Temporary, full-time (10-week contract)
- Number of hours per week requested: 35
- Hourly wage: $15.50
- Hybrid and remote work options available
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market. To be eligible, the applicant must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible.
Please submit your application by May 15th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org in one (1) pdf file in the order indicated below:
- A copy of your most recent resume
- A cover letter stating your qualifications for this job
- A copy of your most recent unofficial university transcript
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership organization with 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the community of internationally trained professionals and tradespeople for three decades, primarily by helping them obtain registration/licensure, find employment, advance careers and develop leadership skills.
CPAC Institute is an affiliated research, education and training organization that provides research-based support for the understanding and elimination of systemic barriers to equity, diversity, and inclusion in Canadian society and for addressing specific issues concerning the well-being of Chinese Canadians.