Senior Analyst, Domestic Tax, Grant Thornton
Senior Analyst, Domestic Tax
Location: Markham, ON
Alternate Location: Mississauga, ON
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
We are looking for a team player who is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place.
As a Senior Analyst in Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Actively engaging in tax compliance, planning and strategy development by analyzing client tax issues, relevant tax laws, provisions, and jurisprudence
• Preparing corporate tax, personal, partnership and trust returns
• Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with them and researching and drafting responses
• Communicate with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of our clients
• Year-end tax planning analysis
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst, Domestic Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Possess an accounting designation (CPA)
• Enrollment in, or willingness to enroll in the in-depth tax course program
• Keen interest and desire to work in Canadian corporate tax
• Demonstrate well-developed analytical and research skills, together with attention to detail
• Committed to providing exceptional client service
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Quick learner (facilitate learning to use new software) and self-starter
• Well-organized and able to balance competing demands
• Excellent client service skills and disciplined follow-up
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
• Professional self-confidence
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com