Senior Analyst, Tax [Transfer Pricing], Grant Thornton
Senior Analyst, Tax [Transfer Pricing]
Location: Toronto [200 King St. W.]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Analyst, Tax [Transfer Pricing] some of your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Demonstrating a solid understanding of transfer pricing concepts and current practice
• Interacting and communicating effectively with clients and colleagues, including leading or having a major role in routine client calls and meetings
• Participating in fact gathering, industry research and analysis
• Analyzing financial statements and data, including large sets of accounting and transactional data
• Preparing economic analysis, including appropriately selecting and applying a transfer pricing method, and preparing benchmarking analysis with minimal guidance
• Writing reports and other business communication
• Developing presentations for clients, colleagues and other teams within the firm
• Performing all aspects of engagement administration
• Participating in or leading all aspects of engagement management
• Supporting the team in the resolution of transfer pricing audits by tax authorities
• Delegating, overseeing and reviewing work performed by analysts on all of the above
• Regularly acting as a mentor and training analysts
• Staying abreast of global transfer pricing, tax and business developments
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day – read our colleagues stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst, Transfer Pricing? Like the color purple? Great! Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business (Finance), Law, and/or an Accounting designation, JD/LLB , LLM , CFA or CBV
• 2 + years transfer pricing experience at a professional services firm
• Proven analytical, problem-solving, communication (oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
• Experience with business writing
• Proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to multi-task working with numerous deadlines
• Eagerness to learn and a commitment to deliver an exceptional client experience
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com