Senior Buyer , STATE Window Corporation
The Senior Buyer will report directly to the Purchasing Manager regarding purchase orders, budgets and expenditures, all soft and hard goods and materials required for the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of our Company products. The Senior Buyer will develop and implement procedures for goods and material procurement and be responsible for price negotiation and inventory control. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in-person;
- Work in a team environment;
- Both administrative and technical in nature;
- High level of organizational skills;
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- Understand company policies and procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook; and
- ERP Experience would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business or Supply Chain Management and or 3+ Years’ experience in purchasing, or supply chain/Inventory management.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 3+ years in purchasing, procurement, or supply chain/inventory management.
- On-site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having construction safety footwear and hard hat for all site work and in certain other locations; and
- At times requires driving a company vehicle to visit suppliers and/or pick up samples.
- Senior-level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in purchasing;
- A high comfort level interacting with direct suppliers, Engineering, Production, Quality and upper management;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to mentor and coach the Junior Buyer;
- Ability to work independently without supervision;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations; and
- Ability to take on continuous improvement projects with other departments.
Job Specific Duties
- Create and maintain a Delivery schedule for all the relevant suppliers in accordance with our production schedule;
- Manage purchase orders, document notes and due dates, and resolve purchase order issues;
- Ability to analyze Material Take Off;
- Maintain, follow up, and track purchase orders and supplier deliveries;
- Resolve invoice discrepancies or issues with Accounting;
- Monitor inventory levels of materials for manufacturing;
- Manage invoice approvals and follow up;
- Create blanket purchase orders;
- Deal with defective goods or problematic services and take necessary action;
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with vendors, management, and staff;
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement-related problems;
- Assist with the production side of purchasing, (i.e., the floor-by-floor release of materials);
- Obtain comparison pricing, negotiate contracts, and request quotes from vendors when required; and
- Other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
How to apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com