Senior Information Security Specialist
Welcome to ivari
Let us introduce ourselves. With about 300 employees across Canada, we’re a company that’s making a difference in the world of life insurance. How? By finding and hiring people who are equally passionate about life and protecting it, then giving them the best, most supportive workplace possible. We must be doing something right because we’re growing quickly and need more great people to grow along with us. Is that you?
Here’s the job opportunity…
The Senior Information Security Specialist is a senior technical team member who will be fully accountable for the day-to-day delivery of the Security Operations for ivari. You will be responsible for the operational oversight of technologies, processes, procedures, and overall delivery of the Security Operations Program.
As a member and good team player of the Security Operations Team, you will be responsible for Cyber Security Incident Response (CSIR) and coordination of responses to incidents, as well as communicating with other stakeholders, investigative teams, management, and system/application and business owners. You have accumulated experience and knowledge
– leading the response and escalation of events that have been identified through various sources and security technologies and controls as well as our internal Help Desk notifications of security type events,
– Investigate data loss type incidents, network intrusion incidents as well as endpoint malware infections including Ransomware type attacks,
– managing response to alerts from various monitoring systems and platforms to address potentially malicious events in a timely manner.
What we are looking for…
- 7+ years of broad Cyber Security Experience, of which minimum 3 years as a Senior Security Analyst or similar role.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of
– AD (Active Directory), OU (Organizational Units), GPO (Group Policy Object), MFA (Multi-factor Authentication), ADFS (Active Directory Federated Services), Azure ADFS, Azure AD and other cloud services, Microsoft 365,
– Microsoft Defender including MDI (Microsoft Defender for Identity), MDE (Microsoft Defender for Endpoint), MCAS (Microsoft Cloud App Security), EOP (Exchange Online Protection), Windows as Service, popular Operating Systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, Mac OS);
– TCP/IP, DNS (Domain Name System), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), 802.1x, WiFi, firewall, proxy, VPN (Virtual Private Network), MDM (Mobile Device Management), MAM (Mobile App Management), SPF (Sender Policy Framework), DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail), DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication);
– PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), HSM (Hardware Security Module), Digital Certificate, SSL/TLS (Secure Sockets Layer / Transport Layer Security), SSH (Secure Shell), current encryption technologies;
– SEIM (Security Event and Incident Management), audit log, incident response and investigations, PAM (Privileged Access management), policy-based PAM managing administrative accounts to servers, services and endpoints, password vault, FIM (File Integrity Monitoring), change management;
– IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System), End Point Protection, EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response), securing IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service);
– Identifying vulnerable systems and prioritizing remediation plans with system owners
– Conducting research of emerging security threats and monitor 3rd party Cyber Security Advisories for latest vulnerabilities discovered and work with internal units to address applicable advisories.
– Managing intrusion detection/prevention systems and advanced threat protection technologies – maintain continuous monitoring of network and end point activities
– System hardening with accumulated good experience implementing CIS Benchmarks and / or NIST CSF
– Executing Threat Modelling and Risk Assessments to critical projects and on a need basis.
– Certifications desired are: CISSP, CCSP, GIAC Forensics, CRISC, CEH, CISM, Security+ are all assets but not mandatory.
Other Skills and traits:
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and interpret infrastructure and data security, as well as risk remediation concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall infrastructure and data protection objectives.
Who you are…
You are a team player who not only understands our core values but lives them every day. You know the importance of…
- Bringing clarity and focus to your work;
- Taking ownership and doing what you say you will;
- Remaining flexible;
- Collaborating with others;
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
ivari strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and the communities in which we do business.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Our commitment to inclusivity is reflected in the safeguards, policies and commitments we have in place to remove barriers and provide equal opportunities to prospective and current employees, without discrimination.
A Human Resources representative is available to consult with applicants who require accommodation in the application or recruitment process. Any information shared by the applicant about an accommodation will be treated as confidential. If you do require an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.