Senior Manager, Domestic Tax, Grant Thornton
Senior Manager, Domestic Tax
Location: Markham, ON
Alternate Location: Mississauga, ON, Toronto [200 King St. W.]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Domestic Tax (China Services Group) with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Act as a key member of a dynamic full-service Tax practice, with plenty of opportunities to take the lead role on client engagements, and advise clients in connection with tax strategies and solutions
• Assist the practice by developing and growing the China market for Tax services in Southern Ontario and nationally
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial culture that provides high levels of autonomy to its people, enabling them to really make a difference.
As a Senior Manager in Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Analysis, planning and implementation of reorganization strategies
• Estate and succession planning
• Review of income tax returns for individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
• Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
• Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients’ requirements
• Involvement in business development for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
• Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand and China Services Group through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
• Coaching team members and supporting them in achieving their career goals
• Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members
• Attendance at and contribution to client/stakeholder meetings
• Assisting the Partners and Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
• Help identify and generate new business opportunities
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Team player who has deep inner desires to take on and maintain client relationship building roles
• Trusted advisor with the willingness to apply new tools and technologies most relevant to the China market.
• Committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors and the premiere China services advisory team in our market place
• CPA designation
• Completion of CICA In-depth tax program
• 7+ years minimum public practice experience in Canadian income tax
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development
• Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to effectively direct and develop the Canadian tax team
• Demonstrated a desire for technical and professional development and to be an integral part of a high-performing team of professionals
• Comprehensive understanding of Chinese culture and strong desires and interests in China related marketplace
• Fluency in Mandarin/Chinese is a must while fluency in Cantonese is an asset.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Effective November 1, 2021, Grant Thornton has established a Vaccination Policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Newly hired colleagues must be fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status, or request and be granted an exemption to the policy, as a condition of employment.
Jin Wen, D +1 416 366 4673 | M +1 647 225 9536; Jin.Wen@ca.gt.com