Senior Mortgage Specialist – Street Capital Bank of Canada
Street Capital Financial Corporation is a Canadian-owned and operated residential mortgage lender. Street Capital is one of the largest broker lenders in Canada. Street Capital provides mortgages through select independent mortgage brokers. Our employees are focused on providing world class service to clients, business partners and referral sources. Street Capital is a fast growing corporation with promising opportunities for progression.
Senior Mortgage Specialist (Affinity Partnership)
This posting is to replace a maternity leave and is a 12 month assignment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relying on your knowledge of mortgage financing and sales experience, you will convert incoming leads into applications
- You will be responsible to promote and maximize the development and growth of our residential mortgage business
- Liaison between clients, lawyers, appraisal companies and in-house underwriting department to ensure all mortgage files are closed efficiently and within required deadlines
- Gather & verify any necessary information required to co-ordinate and analyze credit applications and ensures consistent, objective and sound credit decisions in a high volume environment
- Understand the basic rules of underwriting, but not limited to; credit bureaus, GDS/TDS ratios, amortization, insurance premium, heat and tax calculation, post rates etc.
- Expedite applications for mortgage approval by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit-worthiness and calculating repayment risk
- Ensure all client /agent conditions are met prior to closing of mortgage files
- Offer outstanding service to your clients by helping them find the best mortgage strategy for their needs
- Establish and maintain long-lasting business relationships with Affinity Clients by keeping them informed of the products and services we offer
- Attend meetings and training seminars considered essential for you to provide high quality service
- Adhere closely to established processes and procedures to produce high-quality files that comply with current standards and regulations
- Evaluate real estate and associated risks in a volatile market
- Identify and negotiate better loan quality to ensure Street Capital lending standards are met
- Handle difficult interactions and unpopular decisions
- Build relationships with customers and related business partners
- Keep up-to-date with rapidly evolving policies and procedures
- English and Mandarin or Chinese speaking
- Mortgage Sales professionals who have strong networking and prospecting skills and are currently working in a retail branch mortgage sales or a commissioned mortgage sales environment
- Mortgage sales professionals with a proven track record/sales results looking to take their business results to the next level
- 3+ years of experience as a Mortgage Agent or Mortgage Broker
- Familiar with D+H EXPERT application
- Very knowledgeable in Mortgage products and Mortgage application structuring
- Balance sales goals with the requirement to operate legally and ethically while ensuring applications are completed with accurate and verified information including credit, employment, salary and down payment information.
- Provide effective customer service and value added advice by offering mortgage solutions to prospects according to customer needs and choice.
- Promote high standards of ethical behaviour
- Detailed working knowledge of real estate and covenant assessments, legislation and land title systems in all provinces
- Detailed working knowledge of principles of credit analysis and risk management
- Ability to understand financial statements and assess financial viability
- Willing to work alternate shifts (evening/weekends)
- Must be able to reach tight deadlines in an environment that does not provide frequent extensions
If you are ready for this challenge, Street Capital provides the support you’ll need to be successful!
Regulatory and Compliance:
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with all regulatory training and ensures these programs and policies are applied consistently across the business. The successful candidate will be personally responsible for compliance with all such regulatory and governance programs.
Highly competitive compensation structure consisting of base salary, bonus and a generous benefits package.
Location of Position(s):
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hours of Work:
Street Capital is a national lender and hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
At Street Capital Financial Corporation, we value diversity in our workforce and invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume. We appreciate all responses and advise that Street Capital will only contact those applicants under consideration.
Please email your resume Attention: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org