Job Title: Software Engineer
Department: Automation Engineering Dept.
Wage Category: Annual Salary
Report to: Maintenance & Automation Engineering Dept. Manager
As a qualified Software Engineer with experience in control systems and automation you will be expected to design, implement and test software applications for automatic assembly station/lines. The ideal candidate will play a key role in supporting our internal clients. You will be involved in all aspects of the engineering cycle, including conceptual design, detailed drafting of integrated leading-edge technologies and processes utilizing robotics, vision systems, PLC, HMI and motion control system
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design, develop, maintain, training and document computer system software
- Translate functional specifications into defined software capabilities, Update/ maintain bug tracking log sheet to summarize design and code status, and software user manuals.
- Keep abreast of state of the art software systems in order to advance programming techniques and to develop improved programming efficiency
- Real-time configuration, control and monitoring of communications and routing over the system’s interfaces
- Student will participate in all aspects of the software design and invention of high-performance camera vision products.
- Application research
- Windows and Linux programming design preferred.
- Experience with a language of C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Qt, Visual Studio.
- Experience with testing and debugging; in lab prototypes and in field customer sites.
- Experienced in programming, robotics, or vision algorithm challenge
- Working knowledge of computer vision libraries like OpenCV, PCL, etc.
- Knowledge of communications systems; Ethernet – TCP-IP, UDP
- Vision control/development/application experience is plus
- PLC/HMI experience is an asset
Please note: We thank you for your interest, please send your resume to HR@crystalclaire.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.