Visionyouth Bronze recruitment starts now!
Info sessions – March 16 & 24 – refer to website;
Deadline for application: March 31, 2013
More details of the program:
ABOUT VISION YOUTH:
Address: 4011 14th Avenue Markham, Ontario
Vision Youth Leadership Program was founded in 2001. The Program is to compliment regular school academic curriculum, help our youth develop life skills, and prepare them for a successful and rewarding future. We encourage civic participation, physical and social development, and leadership skills training through a holistic approach. The Program provides an environment that brings out the imagination, passion and energy of our young participants, helping them forge their own vision. We challenge them to dream bigger, reach higher, and nurture a compassion for people, life and nature. The program is dedicated to enhancing educational, cultural, and social interaction for our youths – the leaders of tomorrow.
To inspire and coach our youth to become visionary leaders.
• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DEA)
• St. John Ambulance: First Aid Training
• Toastmasters: Public Speaking
• Personal Development Program
• Outdoor Leadership Training Camp
• Exchange Program with youth from S.U.C.C.E.S.S. of Vancouver
• Self-initiated Community Service Project
• Encourage youth to develop the confidence and skills needed to become visionary leaders
• Strengthen the community through positive contribution by youth
Communication and public speaking skills
Political and social awareness
Personal and social responsibility
Appreciation of nature and the environment