Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care: Facility Manager
YEE HONG CENTRE FOR GERIATRIC CARE
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care (“Yee Hong”) is a non-profit organization committed to providing a culturally appropriate caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life to fullest, in the most independent and dignified way. In this community, seniors and their families have the opportunity to be cared for, socialize, interact, develop new skills and learn about health issues that may affect them in their golden years.
As a recognized leader in providing culturally appropriate quality seniors’ care and education, we understand our employees are our greatest resource in delivering excellent care and service, and we are committed to providing a rewarding work environment for them to thrive.
We are now inviting applicants to apply for this exciting opportunity within the Yee Hong team.
Job: Facility Manager
Job Ref. No.: 18/MS/004_CPAC
Status: Full Time
- In consultation with the Executive Director, plans, directs and administers the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance programs of the facility in accordance with the government’s policies and standards, and the organization’s vision, strategic direction and resident centred approach.
- 2 years community college diploma with relevant courses in building system maintenance
- Minimum 3 years experience in building system maintenance, including 2 years experience in supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of legislations and relevant procedures regarding building standards, fire and safety, preventive maintenance, and housekeeping, laundry and maintenance functions. Understanding of construction drawing an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management and judgement skills. Effective negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and act as a mentor to direct reports
- Computer literacy required
- Satisfactory Police Reference Check result
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Chinese a strong asset
- Relevant satisfactory work performance
- Some standing, walking, lifting and bending.
- 24 hours emergency response and on call service for building maintenance, safety and security matters
- Exposed to heat, noise, humidity, etc.
- Occasional travel between centres
Closing Date: September 14, 2018 before 5:00pm
Please submit resume indicating job reference number before closing date to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
Fax: (416) 321-9894
- Yee Hong is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.
- Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check and medical clearance certificate
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.