YRP is now hiring:
York Regional Police is actively recruiting police constables.
What it takes to become a Police Officer:
The role of a Police Constable at York Regional Police focuses on enhancing public safety and quality of life through community-oriented policing. This includes actively contributing to the development of service goals, participating in various projects and activities, and enforcing laws at federal, provincial, and municipal levels. The position involves responding to community complaints, handling service calls, undertaking special assignments, and preparing charges under various statutes. Moreover, Police Constables are also responsible for presenting evidence in court.
- Current Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (O.A.C.P) Certificate or OACP Certificate Equivalency Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Have successfully completed secondary school or the approved equivalent to the Ontario education system (Ontario Secondary School Diploma (O.S.S.D) or its equivalent).
- Possess a valid driver’s licence (minimum Class G).
- Possess a current Standard First Aid certificate and a current CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C).
- Meet vision standards of uncorrected visual acuity of at least 20 / 40 binocularly, corrected visual acuity should be at least 20 / 20 binocularly, with normal colour vision.
- Meet normal hearing standards.
- Fitness Log
- Post-Secondary Education is an asset- it does not have to be in a police related field
- Volunteer Work- Demonstrated commitment to Community Mobilization and Engagement is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to meet Essential Competencies through school, work and life experiences
- Bilingualism considered an asset. We value any additional language that a candidate is proficient in.
The York Regional Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. At York Regional Police, our actions are guided by set of values shared by every one of our members. These core values are essential to carrying out the vision and mission of our organization in a way that supports our people and our community. Our code of ethics ensures that everything we do at York Regional Police is conducted at the highest possible standard. Our community expects and deserves no less.
Our motto Deeds Speak
York Regional Police proudly accepts applications for the police constable position from applicants residing outside of Canada.
International applicants must meet as Canadian applicants.
Employment information sessions:
Employment information sessions are open to the public and are intended for anyone interested in a police constable position at York Regional Police.
Check our website to see upcoming sessions:
Each session includes a presentation, followed by a question-and-answer period. Members of the Uniform Recruiting Unit will be on hand a half-hour before all information sessions to accept completed application packages from attendees.
Uniform Recruiting Unit
70 Bales Drive East
East Gwillimbury, ON L0G 1V0
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6720
1-866-876-5423 ext. 6722